23rd March 2022, 09:38 PM
Unregistered

Can I pursue a degree in Biotechnology or Biomedical Science without physics??

I am currently in my 2nd semester doing Cambridge A-levels. I've taken four subjects, including physics. But my grades for my first semester hasn't been satisfying enough. And this has made me consider of dropping physics and end up taking 3 subjects for my A-levels examination this year.(Biology, Chemistry, Maths). I'm really afraid this would be an irrelevant choice as physics is considered important in the biotechnology field. I would hope to gain somne advice on this situation. Is it relevant that i drop physics and still be able to pursue a degree in biotechnology or biomedical science?

27th March 2022, 06:30 PM
ashishboudha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I pursue a degree in Biotechnology or Biomedical Science without physics??

Can I pursue a degree in Biotechnology or Biomedical Science without physics?

The basic eligibility criteria for pursuing B.Sc. (Biotechnology) degree is qualifying 10+2 or equivalent examination with any three out of Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Mathematics or Computer Science as subjects studied at an intermediate level. You can pursue your career in Biotechnology being a PCB student as well.
29th March 2022, 10:14 PM
Hera tabrez
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I pursue a degree in Biotechnology or Biomedical Science without physics??

You should take biology in your 10+2 and you also have to carry physics and chemistry .
In graduation you choose any subject of biology depending on your interest like
Zoology
Botany
Microbiology
Biotechnology etc

If you are thinking of studying biology and chemistry without physics, then you can do so.
31st March 2022, 04:56 PM
Dineshkumar1907
Senior Member++

No, The basic eligibility criteria for pursuing B.Sc. (Biotechnology) degree is qualifying 10+2 or equivalent examination with any three out of Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Mathematics or Computer Science as subjects studied at an intermediate level.
You can pursue your career in Biotechnology being a PCB student as well.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?