25th February 2018, 04:59 PM
Unregistered

What is the difference between IELTS and TOEFL?

Sir, I want to do my further education in USA. I am a B.Tech student and want to pursue my MBA in US. For this I know that I have to give IELTS. Because IELTS scores are preferable for admission in US universities. But I have heard that TOEFL is the exam which also provides admission in USA. I want to know the differences of both exams.

3rd March 2018, 08:17 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the difference between IELTS and TOEFL?

There is no much difference between IELTS and TOEFL examination. IELTS stands for International English Language Testing System and TOEFL stands for Test of English as a Foreign Language. The questions in TOEFL examination are mostly multiple choice and the duration is four years whereas the questions in IELTS examination will be of different types and the duration is two hours forty minutes. You can take either TOEFL or IELTS examination of your interest to apply for admission to Master's degree course in Abroad universities.
5th March 2018, 09:04 PM
chikkykranthi619

Default Re: What is the difference between IELTS and TOEFL?

"International English Language Testing System" is shortly called as IELTS.

"Test of English as a Foreign Language" is shortly called as TOEFL.

Both IELTS and TOEFL are English language test's conducted for checking the command of a person in English language.
IELTS test comprises of Listening, Reading and Writing where as TOEFL is conducted via 2 modes i.e
-- TOEFL iBT which is an Internet-based test
-- TOEFL PBT which is paper-based test.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?