15th March 2015, 01:09 AM
Unregistered

Which will be better between GRE and GATE to study in abroad?

I am confused that out of GRE and GATE which will be better if i am planning for study in abroad? Can someone please help me with the correct steps which would be required to follow? Thanks!

Related Questions:
  1. Which will be better between GRE and GATE to study in abroad? -- [New]
  2. How much score is needed in GRE to study in Abroad? Pattern of GRE?
  3. Procedure to study in Abroad through GRE?
  4. Can I apply for GRE to pursue M.Tech in Abroad? Importance of GRE?
  5. Is it beneficial to prepare for GRE to study in Abroad?
  6. Procedure to study in Abroad through GRE? Eligibility to appear in GRE for B.Tech student?
  7. Which is better GRE or GATE? Opportunities of getting grants or scholarship for doing MS in Abroad?
  8. When is the right time to start preparing for GRE and TOEFL? Criteria of arrears to study Abroad? Is self study enough?
  9. Latest pattern of GRE question paper? Good books to prepare for GRE? Any additional examination required along with GRE to study abroad? -- [Most Discussed]
  10. Minimum marks required in B.E., GRE and IELTS to study MS in Abroad?
  11. Can I study M.Tech in Abroad through GRE?
  12. Should I have to appear in GRE to study MDS in Abroad?
  13. Minimum percentile required in GRE to study MS in Abroad with Education Loan?
  14. Detailed information about scholarship provided by universities in Abroad for MS? Preparation tips for GRE and TOEFL?
  15. Can I study M.Tech in Abroad with GRE scorec? Scholarship to study M.Tech in Abroad?
  16. How to get scholarship or loan for doing Masters in Abroad after qualifying in GRE?
  17. Minimum marks required in B.E., GRE and IELTS to study MS in Abroad?
  18. Which management course should I take to study in abroad? Will GRE provide me the bulk of courses and scholarships? Percentage required in TYBMS to be applicable for TOEFL, GRE?
15th March 2015, 07:49 AM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which will be better between GRE and GATE to study in abroad?

Both GRE and GATE are different examinations which are not related to each other. You cannot study in Abroad by qualifying in GATE examination. GATE examination score is valid only for getting admission in Master's degree courses like M.Tech, M.E, etc. in Indian Institutions. Since, you are interested to study in Abroad, you need to opt for GRE examination and also you need to prove your English Language Proficiency skills by appearing in TOEFL/IELTS examination. By qualifying GRE and TOEFL/IELTS examination, you can get admission in Abroad universities for pursuing your higher studies.
15th March 2015, 09:12 AM
GreekScholar
Senior Member+++++

To continue your further studies in Aboard, you should appear for GRE exam, because foreign universities offers admission on the basis of GRE and IELTS/TOEFL exams scores of the candidates, but no university accepts GATE score. So, you should choose only GRE exam to continue your further studies in Aboard.

GRE :-
GRE exam is used to assess the ability of a candidate in both Quantitative and Verbal Reasoning.It is conducted for 340 marks.

Exam Pattern:-
The GRE exam is conducted in three sections

Section I:-
1) Verbal Reasoning
i) Reading Comprehension
ii) Text Completion
iii) Sentence Equivalence

Section II:-
1) Quantitative Reasoning

Section III:-
1) Analytical Writing Assessment
i) Issue-Task essay
ii )Argument-Task essays
15th March 2015, 02:47 PM
ArunavaBasu
Senior Member++++

First of all you need to know that GRE is the Examination which you will have to give if you are willing to go Abroad.
GATE Examination is for the candidates who want to pursue M.Tech here in India.
If you crack the GATE Examination you will be eligible to study M.Tech from the Best Technical Universities of India but you will not be given the chance to go and study Abroad.
To study Abroad you will need to crack the GRE and TOEFL Examination.
So you should drop the idea of preparing for GATE Examination if your ultimate aim is to do your M.Tech from Abroad.
If you are willing to pursue the course here in India then you will certainly have to sit for the GATE Examination.
So to go Abroad you will have to prepare yourself for GRE and then you will have to crack the Examination.
Then your chances of studying Abroad the course of M.Tech will open up.
So concentrate on GRE and TOEFL if you want to go Abroad.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?