Annammal College of Education for Women, Thoothukudi
Annammal College of Education was established in the year 1962 and initially, the college got affiliation from the Madras University. Later from the year 1966, it was brought under the affiliation of Madurai Kamarajar University and again from the year 1990 it was brought under the affiliation of the Manonmaniam Sundaranar University located at Tirunelveli. Finally, from the year 2008 to till date, Annammal College of Education is functioning with affiliation from the Tamil Nadu Teachers Education University and it has been granted recognition by the National Council for Teacher Education right from the year 1996.
The main mission of Annammal College of Education for Women is women empowerment and with this view, the institution offer UG and PG courses in education particularly for women students. Identifying the imperative requirement of teacher trainees to become Information Technology savvy, the institute offer Post Graduate Diploma in Computer Applications course and other parallel course like typewriting junior and senior grade is offered by the institution. The list of courses offered by the Annammal College of Education for Women is given below:
• Bachelor of Education
• Master of Education
• Post Graduate Diploma in Computer Application
• Parallel course of junior and senior level typewriting
The institute also offer NET coaching to the students.
With a view to encourage more and more women students to take up the teacher-education courses, the institute offers the following scholarships to aspiring candidates:
• Backward Class scholarships
• Adi Dravida Welfare Scholarship
• Freedom Fighters Children Scholarship
• State Scholarship to children of School Teachers
• Fee Concessions for SC/ST students
Admission of students to 100 seats for the B. Ed course is issued by the affiliating university through single window system at the start of the educational year. The college also has 40 self-financing seats each for B. Ed and M. Ed course and application for these seats are issued at the office of the college 30 days before the beginning of academic year.
As far as B. Ed course is concerned, admission is open for candidates with UG or PG degree from an institution recognized by the UGC with at least 50% of marks in the final year of the degree course. In the case of candidates belonging to SC/ST category, just a pass in degree or PG course is enough for admission to the B. Ed course offered by the Annammal College of Education for Women. For Master of Education course, candidates must have completed their B. Ed with not less than 50% of marks are eligible to apply.
Lab facilities at the college:
Annammal College of Education for Women has lab facilities for history, mathematics, computer science, biological sciences, physical sciences, psychology and language.
Annammal College of Education,
Phone: 0461-2375102, 2375601 & 2375104
- Science (B.Sc) Colleges in Tamil Nadu
- B.Ed Colleges under Manonmaniam Sundaranar University and Admission Procedure
- Government Colleges in Tamil Nadu
- List of Top colleges in Kanyakumari
- Colleges offering M.Sc in Physics in Tamil Nadu
- M.Sc (Microbiology) Colleges in Tamil Nadu
- BBA Colleges in Tamil Nadu
- B.E in Electronics and Communication Engineering Colleges in Tamil Nadu
- St. Mary’s College, Thoothukudi
- Government Colleges in Ramanathapuram District, Tamil Nadu
- B.Sc in Fashion Design colleges in Tamil Nadu
- Best colleges for doing B.Ed
- M Com colleges in Tamil Nadu
- List of Top Colleges in Chennai
- B.Com Colleges in Chennai