4th April 2020, 10:34 PM
Unregistered

Is it advisable to study BE in Computer Science and Engineering for a Diploma Mechanical student?

Hello Sir/Madam, I am doing Diploma in Mechanical Engineering. I am interested in Computer field now. So, I am planning to do BE in Computer Science and Engineering. I need your suggestion. Please advise me, should I do this?

6th April 2020, 12:33 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it advisable to study BE in Computer Science and Engineering for a Diploma Mechanical student?

Yes, it is possible to study the B. E. Or BTech in Computer Science after Diploma in Mechanical Engineering.
The eligibility for lateral entry to this course is a 3 year diploma course with 60% marks.
Yes definitely I would like to advise you to pursue this course because this is an era of computer and this degree is very demanding.

Career options-

Software developer

Data Programmer

Database administrator

Computer hardware engineer

Computer systems Aanalyst

Computer network architect

Web developer

Information Security analyst
6th April 2020, 05:14 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it advisable to study BE in Computer Science and Engineering for a Diploma Mechanical student?

Yes, it is advisable to study BE in Computer Science and Engineering after Diploma in Mechanical Engineering.

Computer science and engineering students have a great future if they have skill and knowledge related to computer. They get handsome salary after getting experience of 3 years.
Moreover, there are many companies which recruit computer engineering students.
7th April 2020, 12:42 AM
Parvathi90
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello Sir/Madam, I am doing Diploma in Mechanical Engineering. I am interested in Computer field now. So, I am planning to do BE in Computer Science and Engineering. I need your suggestion. Please advise me, should I do this?
Studying Computer Engineering after Mechanical Engineering will be challenging, as you wouldn't have any of the background electrical knowledge you'd like. Computer Technology, on the other hand, is all on the software side of computing. It is associated with algorithms, data structures, programming languages, networking, and system stability. There is difference between the two, but computer science is usually useful to those learning in virtually any field. Therefore, computer science will be really helpful to anyone who is learning mechanical engineering.
15th April 2020, 03:37 PM
HarishGuri
Senior Member+

---First of all the above mention both category of engineering is great future ahead.

---If you are interested now to start your career with Computer engineering then you are eligible to join the Computer engineering even after completing of Diploma in Mechanical engineering.

--Basic requirement of B.E in computer engineering is to cleared the diploma in any of the stream of engineering with minimum of 50-60%Mark's.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?