24th February 2016, 10:35 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to join IPS training after completion of my diploma course?

Can I join IPS training after completion of my diploma? is it possible, if it is possible means how much percentage i should get in my diploma course? Can you please guide me with the information on the same? Awaiting for the response on this soon.

26th February 2016, 01:06 AM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to join IPS training after completion of my diploma course?

No, it is not possible for you to join Indian Police Service after completion of Diploma course. Yes, the minimum basic educational qualification required to be eligible for joining IPS is "Bachelor Degree" or a Graduate Degree in any discipline from a recognized board/ institute. In order to join IPS, you are required to write CSAT (Civil Services Aptitude Test) which is conducted by UPSC every year. Based on the marks you secure in Preliminary Exam, Main Exam and in Interview, you will be allocated to certain cadres. As the basic qualification required is Graduate Degree, I suggest you to first complete B.E/ B.Tech after completion of your Diploma course in order to be eligible. Basically there is no such certain minimum percentage required in Graduation. The main criteria required is GRADUATION PASS from a recognized institute.
26th February 2016, 09:28 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to join IPS training after completion of my diploma course?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Can I join IPS training after completion of my diploma? is it possible, if it is possible means how much percentage i should get in my diploma course? Can you please guide me with the information on the same? Awaiting for the response on this soon.
No, diploma candidates are not eligible for IPS exam.

If you have completed graduation degree from a recognized university then you are eligible for IPS officer exam.

Your age should be in between 21 years to 32 years for general candidates. Age relaxation is given below -

5 years relaxation for SC/ST candidates
3 years relaxation for OBC Candidates
10 years relaxation for PHC candidates
5 years relaxation for Ex-serviceman

Number of Attempts:-

For open category:- 7 attempts
For OBC category:- 9 attempts
For ST/SC category:- unlimited

Physical fitness criteria for IPS exam:-

Height

For Men : 165 cm(AROUND)
For Women :150 cm(AROUND)

OBC /SC/ST :

Male:160 cm and female :145 cm

Chest

Male candidates-84 (+ 5cm).

Female candidates-79cm(+ 5cm).

Eye Sight

For Worse Eye :6/12 or 6/9 distant vision
For good Eye :6/6 or 6/9 distant vision
26th February 2016, 05:25 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible to join in Indian Police Services after completion of your three years Diploma course. Candidates who have obtained Bachelor's degree course in any discipline from a recognised university are eligible to appear in IPS examination. By qualifying the IPS written test and other rounds of the examination, you are eligible to join IPS training. Since, you have not pursued Bachelor's degree course, you are not eligible to join IPS training.
26th February 2016, 07:54 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

If you are looking for appearing in IPS officer exam which is also known as civil services exam then make sure you complete degree in any discipline first from a recognized university.

On the basis of diploma qualification you will not be allowed to appear for this exam. Also, for IPS training you have to qualify CSAT, Main and interview stages first.
26th February 2016, 10:43 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

I.P.S stands for Indian Police Service and to become an I.P.S Officer, you have to appear and qualify in Civil Service examination which is conducted by UPSC every year.

No, diploma holder are not eligible to appear for examination as minimum required qualification to appear for entrance examination is graduation degree from any recognised university.

So, you have to pursue graduation degree to appear for entrance examination. But, if you are interested in joining coaching institute for preparation for examination you can join from now also.

To get more detail about examination pattern and syllabus for Civil Service examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
27th February 2016, 12:01 AM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post

Sorry, you are not eligible for IPS examination and training with Diploma qualification. The aspirant has to complete the graduation course to appear for IPS examination. The UPSC conducts examination for the IPS. There are Preliminary Exam, Main Exam and Interview for the selection. The upper age limit is 32 years for general candidate, for OBC 35 years and for SC/ST 37 years. You have to clear the Preliminary examination first and then you have to appear for Main Examination. The UPSC website link is given http://www.upsc.gov.in/
27th February 2016, 01:02 PM
monikasiri

Indian Police Service training is done if you clear the civils.To apply for the UPSC,you have to complete graduation.As diploma is considered as under graduation,you should study further to complete graduation.You can either do B.Tech or B.E after completing diploma course.This will be equal to graduation.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?