6th June 2021, 01:29 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for NET with an advanced diploma in Fashion Designing?

I have done a 3 years advanced diploma in textile and fashion designing and teaching garment construction in a degree college but I have been asked to clear NET so that I am eligible to teach in a college but I want to know what would be the eligibility for me to go ahead with NET with fashion designing being my subject and that my dob is 10 jan 1974.

6th June 2021, 10:48 PM
cookie1902
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for NET with an advanced diploma in Fashion Designing?

The candidates who have done their master's degree or equivalent with a minimum score of 55% marks in aggregate from a recognized university are eligible for the NET examination. The UGC NET does not conduct a NET examination on fashion design, if you have completed a master's in home science then you can choose the NET examination.

To become a fashion design instructor you must have done a master's degree in fashion designing course. Some colleges/universities require a PhD degree in the relevant field in order to teach.
7th June 2021, 06:34 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for NET with an advanced diploma in Fashion Designing?

As per your education qualification, you are not eligible for UGC NET exam.

Educational qualification required for UGC NET exam is masters degree from a recognised University with above 55% marks.

5% relaxation is given for SC/ST category candidates.

Final year student are also eligible for NET exam.

There is no age criteria for NET exam but for JRF posts, your age should be below 28 years.
7th June 2021, 11:44 PM
Pikachuuuu

If your advanced diploma in Fashion Designing is equivalent to Post Graduation degree than only you are eligible to apply for NET examination.

You must have completed NET with minimum 55% marks to be eligible for NET examination.

If you are Diploma is equivalent to graduation or intermediate than you are not eligible for this exam.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?