14th May 2023, 10:27 PM
Unregistered

Am i eligible to take IAS exam after 3 years diploma completion?

sir please clarify my dough , im completing 2nd PUC and 3 years diploma in computer science in government recognized college so am i eligible to take IAS exam now ?

15th May 2023, 09:48 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am i eligible to take IAS exam after 3 years diploma completion?

You will become eligible to apply for UPSC CSE after completing your bachelor degree course from a recognised university.

The required educational qualification is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree from a recognised university. The age limit is 21-32 years.The examination is conducted in three stages.

So, candidate with above qualification are eligible to apply for the examination. For more information about examination and it's syllabus visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
15th May 2023, 01:51 PM
Shantanubose22

Diploma holders are not allowed to take UPSC exam. UPSC conducts the exam for those who pass graduation from a recognized university but if you are interested in writing the exam before completing your graduation, you can even take the exam in your final year of graduation.
15th May 2023, 02:29 PM
Muskan 0786
Senior Member++

No, you are not eligible to take IAS exam after 3 years or 4 years diploma completion, diploma holders can't apply for UPSC CSE exam.
15th May 2023, 03:23 PM
ashishboudha
Senior Member+++++

UPSC IAS Eligibility Criteria

1. Age Limit 21 to 32 years (must not have touched the 32nd year),
2. Age Relaxation As per category (mentioned in section below),
3. Educational Qualification Graduation (Bachelor),
4. Number of Attempts 6 - General 9 - OBC, PwBD Unlimited - SC/ST.
15th May 2023, 04:28 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

I.A.S is Indian Administrative Service. You can become an I.A.S officer after qualifying in all three stages of Civil Service examination. It is conducted by UPSC.

The eligibility to apply for the examination is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree in any discipline from a recognised university.

So, you will become eligible to apply for the examination after pursuing and completing your bachelor degree course. For more information about UPSC examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
15th May 2023, 05:16 PM
Dineshkumar1907
Senior Member++

Diploma holders are not eligible for UPSC CSE as most of the Diploma courses are three years courses which are not accepted by civil service . The degree equivalent to xii is recognized by civil service hence 10+2 or equivalent degree is eligible for UPSC CSE.
15th May 2023, 05:18 PM
Msdhoni02

Eligibility:

1. Educational Qualification: The candidate must hold a degree from a recognized university or possess an equivalent qualification.

2. Those who are in their final year of graduation are also eligible to apply, provided they can submit proof of passing the degree examination by a specific date set by UPSC.
15th May 2023, 05:33 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

To be eligible for appearing in Civil Services examination (popularly known as IAS, IPS, or UPSC examination) or any other State Public Service Commission (State PSC) examination including MPSC examination, the minimum education required is a graduation or equivalent degree in any discipline from a recognized university.

So, on the basis of diploma in electrical engineering degree course which is not equivalent to a bachelor degree course, you are not eligible to appear in the Civil Services examination unless you go for a Bachelor degree course.

For complete details regarding the Civil Services examination, you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
15th May 2023, 06:09 PM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility criteria required to appear in IAS Examination:

The basic eligibility criteria required to appear in IAS Examination is given below:

Name of the Examination- Indian Administrative Services

@ As far as my best knowledge is concerned, you may not be eligible to appear in this Examination with the above mentioned qualification which is Diploma course.

@ The minimum educational qualification required is Graduation from a recognized university or institute to be eligible.

@ Hence I suggest you to pursue B.Tech or BE course in the same discipline in order to be eligible for appearing in Civil Services Examination.
15th May 2023, 06:10 PM
piya1617
Senior Member+++++

Diploma holders are not qualified for the UPSC exam since the majority of diploma programs are three-year programs that are not accepted by the civil service.

The minimum eligibility criteria are that candidate must have completed a graduation degree from any recognized university to get eligible to appear for the IAS exam.
15th May 2023, 09:00 PM
osmin
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to take the IAS (Indian Administrative Service) exam after completing a three-year diploma. The eligibility criteria for the IAS exam are as follows:

1. Nationality: You must be a citizen of India. For certain cases, citizens of Nepal, Bhutan, or Tibetan refugees who came to India before January 1, 1962, are also eligible.

2. Age: The minimum age to appear for the IAS exam is 21 years, and the maximum age limit varies depending on the category and specific conditions. The upper age limit for general category candidates is generally 32 years, but it can be relaxed for reserved category candidates and those with certain specified conditions. Please refer to the official notification for the latest age criteria.

3. Educational Qualification: You need to have at least a bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university. A three-year diploma is considered equivalent to a bachelor's degree, provided it is recognized by the University Grants Commission (UGC) or the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE). Make sure your diploma is recognized by one of these authorities to meet the educational qualification criteria.

4. Number of Attempts: The number of attempts allowed for the IAS exam varies based on the category. Generally, the number of attempts for the general category is six, while it is higher for candidates belonging to reserved categories.

It's important to note that the eligibility criteria may change from time to time, so it's advisable to refer to the official notification issued by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) for the most accurate and up-to-date information.
15th May 2023, 10:08 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

I.A.S is Indian Administrative Service and candidates can become an I.A.S Officer after qualifying in all three stages of the examination.

The required eligibility to apply for the examination is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree in any discipline from a recognised university.

So, you are not eligible to apply for the examination on the basis of diploma qualification as it is not enough. For more information about the examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
15th May 2023, 10:58 PM
Angry Girl
Senior Member+++++

You will become eligible to appear for UPSC Civil Service examination and after clearing all three stage of examination become eligible for recruitment as an I.A.S officer.

So, now you will have to pursue the bachelor degree qualification. The age limit is 21-32 years.

The three stages of examination are :-
Preliminary.
Mains.
Interview.

For more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
15th May 2023, 11:02 PM
Angry Girl
Senior Member+++++

The minimum education required for appearing in the Civil Services examination (often known as IAS or UPSC examination) is a graduation degree in any stream from a recognized university.

So, even after completion of 3 year diploma course pursued after 2nd PUC you will not be eligible for appearing in the IAS examination unless you go for a graduation degree course as diploma course is not considered equivalent to a graduation degree course.

For complete information regarding the Civil Services examination, you can visit the link www.upsc.gov.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?