18th December 2014, 06:57 PM
Unregistered

B.Tech in electrical engineering is possible after diploma in civil engineering?

I have completed diploma in civil engineering,can i join in Btech in electrical engineering?,now i am working as a meter reader based on the ITI electrician course

Related Questions:
  1. Mr. Ummend Singh Bhati Group of College is AICTE accredited or not?
  2. How should I join B.Tech course after completing diploma engineering in electrical engineering?
  3. Best 25 colleges offering EC department?
  4. Eligibility for Polytechnic courses? Centers in Trivandrum are for both girls and boys? Which field should I get a job?
  5. How to do B.Tech in civil engineering after completing diploma in civil engineering?
  6. Date of Bihar Polytechnic forms sale?
  7. Is North Calcutta Polytechnic AICTE approved college?
  8. Degree course in Electrical engineering or Mechanical engineering after Diploma in Electrical engineering and currently working in a Government job?
  9. List of top colleges and maximum TANCET marks required to join them?
  10. Can I do Diploma in Engineering after 10th? -- [Most Discussed]
  11. Can I do B.Tech. in Civil Engineering after diploma in Mechanical Engineering and four year work experience in the field of civil engineering?
  12. How can I go for degree in electrical engineering after diploma in electrical engineering?
  13. Can I join B.Tech in Aeronautical Engineering after completion of Diploma in Electrical and Electronics Engineering?
  14. List of distance engineering universities in which I can apply after completing diploma in Civil Engineering course?
  15. Which colleges can I get admission in Delhi or Noida having done MCA from UPTU and secured 74%?
  16. Can I apply for B.Tech Civil Engineering after passing diploma? Procedure to take admission in a reputed college?
  17. How to start B.Tech after completing diploma in civil engineering
  18. Which colleges I can get admission to study 12th externally after 10th standard?
19th December 2014, 08:44 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: B.Tech in electrical engineering is possible after diploma in civil engineering?

No, it is not possible to get admission in B.Tech Electrical Engineering course after completion of Diploma in Civil Engineering course. You need to opt for the same branch in engineering course which you have opted in your Diploma course. To get admission in B.Tech course after completion of Diploma course, you need to appear for Lateral Entry Entrance Test (LEET). By qualifying LEET examination, based upon your examination rank, you will be allotted a seat in a particular engineering college. By qualifying LEET examination, you can get direct admission in Second year of Four years B.Tech course. Since, you have completed your Diploma in Civil Engineering, you can get admission only in B.Tech in Civil Engineering course.
19th December 2014, 10:35 PM
GreekScholar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: B.Tech in electrical engineering is possible after diploma in civil engineering?

No, you are not eligible to do B.Tech in Electrical Engineering, if you have completed Diploma in Civil Engineering. Because, Candidates who have completed "Diploma in Electrical Engineering" are only eligible for B.Tech in Electrical Engineering. So, you can join only in Civil Engineering. You can do that by attending Lateral Entry Entrance Exam(LEET), which will be conducted in your state. Depending upon your score in that exam, you will get a seat in any of your state Engineering colleges.
19th December 2014, 11:04 PM
belide
Senior Member+++

No, it is not possible to do Diploma in one branch and Engineering in another branch. You should do Engineering in the same branch as your Diploma. As, you have done your Diploma in Civil Engineering, you should graduation in Civil Engineering only, but no it Electrical Engineering.
13th April 2015, 07:26 PM
kunalroy89

If you have passed Diploma in Civil engineering,then you are eligible for B.Tech only in Civil or the related disciplines only.
Electrical engineering is not possible after diploma in Civil engineering.
Appear for the State Level Lateral Entry Tests for diploma to degree course through regular classroom program or go for correspondence course through AMIE.
Choice of study-Regular or correspondence should be upon your convenience.
But you can achieve your engineering graduate degree only tin Civil or related disciplines and no chance for Electrical engineering.Even if you gate into Electrical engg B.Tech somehow through some other means,you will not get a job after such a degree.
13th September 2015, 04:31 PM
Jitu.vide
Member+

Yeah.
After pass diploma engineering you are eligible to get admission for BTech in electrical engineering or other course.

Eligibility :
1.Minimum 60% marks in diploma
2. No any backlog subject
3. Nationality should be Indian.

You just have to select electrical engineering course while filling option form for BTech.
20th January 2020, 09:32 AM
Unregistered

I have completed in diploma EEE and which branches are selected in b.tech?
22nd September 2020, 08:53 PM
Unregistered

Sir I have completed diploma in eee can i join in B.E. in civil in third year
24th September 2020, 06:20 PM
ruckshana

No, it is not possible to do B. Tech in electrical engineering after doing diploma in civil engineering. You have to opt for the same branch in engineering which you have opted in your diploma course.
To get admission in B. Tech you have to pass the qualifying exam LEET.
28th July 2021, 06:49 AM
Unregistered

How should I can get admission BE ELECTRICAL after completing diploma in civil which colleges in Maharashtra I should get admission
27th August 2021, 08:54 PM
Unregistered

I have completed btech in electrical engineering can I do bsc chemistry next?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?