8th October 2022, 03:02 PM
Unregistered

Can final year diploma student apply for KPTCL?

I'm in my final year diploma pursuing electrical engineerin.i'm willing to apply for junior engineers post at kptcl. I'm eligible to do so

9th October 2022, 02:15 PM
cookie1902
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can final year diploma student apply for KPTCL?

The qualification required to apply for Junior Engineer in KPTCL ( Karnataka Power Transmission Corporation Limited) is a candidate must have completed a Diploma in the concerned field of engineering from the Karnataka Technical Board of Education. The percentage required is 60% for the General category and for the others category, it is 50% and for SC/ST candidates it is passing marks. The minimum age to apply is 18 years and the maximum age should not be more than 35 years for the General category.

I am also giving you the KPTCL website link for your reference that is https://kptcl.karnataka.gov.in/
9th October 2022, 08:04 PM
osmin
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible to apply for the KPTCL examination, since the KPTCL recruitment criteria specify that you need to have passed a diploma in electrical or civil engineering for the junior engineer post and a B.E / BTech in electrical or civil engineering for the assistant engineer post.

Candidate should be between 18 to 35 if general 18 to 40 if reserved category.
10th October 2022, 10:01 AM
Hera tabrez
Senior Member+++++

Those who want to apply for Junior engineer post whether electrical or civil must have completed diploma in electrical or civil engineering.
For junior Assistant position, atleast 10th standard is required .
Candidates applying for any of the post can apply through online mode.

The minimum age of the candidate must be 18 years and the upper age limit varies depending on the cateogary of candidate.
General 35 years
SC/ST 40 years
IIA, IIB 38 years

Thus after completion of your diploma , you may apply.
10th October 2022, 12:24 PM
Aiman Afifa
Senior Member+++++

For KPTCL , candidates must have BE/BTech degree from a recognized university.

Minimum age limit should be 18n years and Maximum 35 years
10th October 2022, 06:16 PM
Dineshkumar1907
Senior Member++

No, it is not possible to apply because the KPTCL Recruitment criteria state that you must have completed a diploma in Electrical or Civil Engineering for the junior engineer post and B.E./ B. Tech. in Electrical or Civil Engineering for the Assistant Engineer post.
10th October 2022, 08:56 PM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility criteria required to apply for KPTCL Junior Engineer recruitment:

The minimum educational qualification required to apply for KPTCL Junior Engineer recruitment is given below,

Name of the Organization- Karnataka Power Transmission Corporation Limited

Name of the Job Position- Junior Engineer

@ Yes. You are certainly eligible to apply for this recruitment with Diploma qualification for Junior Engineer (Electrical) post.

@ Candidiates must have completed B.E or B.Tech or Diploma course in concerned stream from a recognized university or institute to be eligible.

@ As you are in the final year of Diploma, I can say that you are certainly eligible after completion of the Diploma course.

@ The minimum age required is 18 years and maximum age should not exceed 35 years. Of course, there is an age relaxation for reserved category candidiates.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?