22nd August 2021, 06:04 PM
Unregistered

Which course would be perfect for a post diploma dance student?

I am a 10th grader. I will go to kalakshetra Chennai for my higher studies in dance . In kalakshetra, I will take diploma and post diploma. I would wish to take phd in bharathanatyam. Which course will I have to take to complete my phd in bharathanatyam. Pllzz answer this question.🙏🙏

28th August 2021, 11:27 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which course would be perfect for a post diploma dance student?

°°° There is no specific route into becoming a dancer, though you do need to train and practice.
To get the job you will also have to addition and you may consider training independently or you could apply to go to a dance study

Main professional dancers train at a vocational dance school with an intensive 3 year degree or diploma or a one year postgraduate course in professional dance or musical theatre.

The most relevant vocational course would be a BTEC diploma in performing arts.

°°° Related skills

Teamwork

Physical fitness

Creativity

Discipline

°°° After completion of 12th in any discipline from a recognised board you should go for bachelor of arts in dance which is a 3 years degree program.

°°° Colleges offering this program°°°°

Savitibai Phule Pune University

Banasthali Vidyapith

Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Marathwada University

Yashwantrao Mohite college
30th August 2021, 05:44 PM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which course would be perfect for a post diploma dance student?

In order to pursue PhD in Bharatnaytam or PhD in Dance course, you need to meet the required qualification criteria. The minimum educational qualification required is given below,

>> One must need to complete Master's degree in Dance or its equivalent qualification from a recognized university or institute to be eligible.

>> Some of the colleges prefer M.Phil category Candidates.

Hence, to be eligible one must need to complete the above mentioned course to be eligible.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?