7th May 2015, 09:15 AM
Unregistered

Is diploma course equivalent to 12th or not? Can I apply for jobs where the minimum qualification asked is 12th completion?

I have completed the polytechnic diploma from electronics branch after class 10th. Can i apply for the jobs where is the least qualification is class 12th.? Is diploma candidates also eligible to apply or not? Can you please clarify my question as there are many jobs asking for 12th which am confused now?

7th May 2015, 04:08 PM
GreekScholar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is diploma course equivalent to 12th or not? Can I apply for jobs where the minimum qualification asked is 12th completion?

No, Diploma course is not equivalent to 12th standard and you cannot apply for the jobs, where the required qualification is 12th standard. If diploma students are eligible, it will be specified very clearly in job notification. So, there is no need of any confusion, try to check the eligibility criteria, if prescribed eligibility criteria is Diploma(in any specific field), then you can apply for such jobs.
7th May 2015, 04:51 PM
pjgp

Default Re: Is diploma course equivalent to 12th or not? Can I apply for jobs where the minimum qualification asked is 12th completion?

sorry friend,
you are not eligible for the posts where 12th is minimum qualification.Intermediate is the theoritical study of the subjects.BUT,diploma is the practical study where we get more knowledge from the subject.
The job for Diploma students will specify the qualification.so,do be worry you will get better opportunities then the jobs with intermediate as qualification.
All the best
7th May 2015, 08:00 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Diploma is more that 12th qualification but still for some entrance exams only 10+2 candidates are eligible and for some specialized jobs only diploma holders can apply. Therefore, it is not equivalent but more that 12th qualification.

I think most of the government jobs treat diploma and 10+2 as equivalent and you can surely apply for those jobs. If you are applying for admission in some courses like B.Tech then there are different exams for Diploma and 10+2 holders for admission. For diploma holders there is lateral entry admission in 2nd year directly but for 10+2 only 1st year admission is possible.
31st March 2018, 09:58 PM
Unregistered

We get certificate which is equivalent to 12th class from respective state board after Completion of diploma course, if i am not wrong we can apply using that certificate where required qualification is 12th pass.
16th August 2018, 07:13 AM
Unregistered

If diploma is equivalent to 12th passed only then why 12th passed cant go for npsc whereas diploma can?
20th August 2019, 04:08 PM
Unregistered

I have completed my diploma in pharmacy after 10th std can I eligible to join any degree
28th November 2019, 10:10 PM
Unregistered

Railway ntpc undergraduate posts have 12th or its equivalent then diploma students are eligible or not
22nd August 2020, 09:26 AM
Unregistered

I have completed my 10 diploma from govt polytechnic after I completed my BED can I apply for govt job's ??????
15th June 2021, 12:38 PM
Unregistered

Sir if i did diploma after 10th and after that b.tech so if there is any government job on graduation based and it requires graduation but if they ask for 12th certificate while filling the form can we give certificate of diploma in it..
Plzz reply
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?