2nd October 2014, 12:13 PM
Unregistered

Diploma holder can do B.Sc in Nautical Science?

my brother doing final year diploma in mechanical engg....he is interestd in doing BSc in nautical science..is that possible to get into nautical science without 2? pls help me guys

Related Questions:
  1. Diploma in Nautical Science leading to B.Sc in Nautical Science is eligible for giving IAS exam? -- [New]
  2. Names of some government Navy college where I can study Diploma in Nautical Science and BSc Nautical Science?
  3. Information about the BSc Nautical Science or diploma Nautical Science course
  4. How to join BSc Nautical Science and Diploma in Nautical Science with sponsorship?
  5. What is the salary structure of Merchant Navy? -- [Most Discussed]
  6. Will there be any opportunity for me in Indian Navy after completion of B.Sc in Nautical Science?
  7. After BSc IT is diploma in Nautical Science available?
  8. How to get sponsorship for BSc(Nautical Science) or DNS(Diploma in Nautical Science) for studying abroad?
  9. B.Sc Nautical Science is considered as graduation or not? Status of B.Sc Nautical science degree from IGNOU?
  10. Difference between diploma in Nautical Science leading to BSc degree and BSc Nautical Science degree?
  11. How to join BSc Nautical Science after completing B.E Mechanical
  12. IGNOU OPNENET: Entrance Test for Diploma in Nautical Science leading to B.Sc (Nautical Science) - Mathematics (Test III) Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  13. How to get sponsorship for B.Sc(Nautical Science) or DNS to study in Abroad?
  14. Can I join BSc Nautical science after completion of higher nautical diploma?
  15. After doing BSc Physics an with 52% in 12th science and 74% in CET can I appear for Nautical Science? Procedure to apply for it?
  16. Last five years question papers for B.Sc Nautical Science entrance exam of leading universities?
  17. Difference between BSc Nautical Science and BSc Maritime Science?
  18. IGNOU OPNENET: Entrance Test for Diploma in Nautical Science leading to B.Sc (Nautical Science) - General Knowledge (Test II) Exam- Download Previous Years Question Papers
2nd October 2014, 10:07 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Diploma holder can do B.Sc in Nautical Science?

No, the Diploma holders are not eligible to pursue the B.Sc in Nautical Science. To be eligible to pursue this course, the candidates must satisfy the following eligibility criteria as mentioned below :-

1.Academic Qualification :-
The candidate must have successfully completed the Senior Secondary Examination (10+2) or its equivalent with :
(i)at least 60% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics (PCM) and
(ii)at least 50% marks in English either in Class X or Class XII.

2.Age :-
Candidates of less than 25 years of age, as on the 1st of August, of the year of admission are eligible to pursue this course. There is an Upper age limit relaxation for admission for SC/ST candidates by 5 Years.

3.Martial Status :-
Both the unmarried Boys and Girls are eligible to pursue this course

4.Medical Standards :-
Candidates who wish to pursue the B.Sc. Nautical Science course must have 6/6 vision in both eyes without spectacles and no color blindness.

The B.Sc in Nautical Science course is of 3 years duration. Since, the candiadte you have mentioned is a Diploma holder, then, he/she is not eligible to pursue the B.Sc in Nautical Science course.
22nd March 2015, 09:15 AM
Unregistered

Good mrning sir, i m Abhishek and i have done 12th with commerce stream. And also completed diploma in electronics. I got 53% in maths & 61% in english in 12th. And 81% in applied physics in diploma. So,i kindly request u to tell me whether i m eligible for b.sc nautical science or not...?? My mail ID- [email protected]
22nd March 2015, 09:22 AM
Unregistered

Good mrning sir, I m Abhishek and i have completed 12th as commerce stream. And also done diploma in electronics.I got 53% in maths and 61% in english in 12th. And 81% in applied physics in diploma. So, i need to ask whether i m eligible for b.sc nautical science or not...?? My mail ID- [email protected]
27th March 2015, 03:28 PM
zzaza
Senior Member+

No, My friend you are not eligible for the admission for B.Sc in Nautical Science. This field is for Non-Medical Students. Basically they require 12th standard with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics & English subject with 60 % aggregate. This is a 3 year course and they will provide a Bachelor Degree in Nautical Science.

But don't worry if you are also interested in Merchant Navy than you also have opportunity to get back to this field. First of all take admission in B.Tech from Mechanical trade and complete your engineering. After engineering you will be allowed for one year course of Merchant Navy and after that they will recommend you as Third Engineer on ship. This is a one year course and they will provide you a course certificate.
30th March 2015, 11:54 PM
SmilyRishu

Hello dear aspirant,

Sorry to say,but you are not fulfilling the eligibility criteria for getting admission in B.SC in Nautical.

For getting admission in B.Sc in nautical ,first of all you have complete your secondary education with minimum 60 percent marks in PCM.

Also the candidates must not be more than 25 years old.

My suggestion to you is that you simply should have to go for graduation from mechanical stream after that you can apply for the merchant navy.

Hope you will be satisfied.

Thank you.
22nd July 2015, 11:50 AM
Unregistered

Degree ( B.E Mech ) holder can do B.Sc in Nautical Science?

I am doing final year Degree ( B.E ) mechanical Engg....I am interested in doing BSc in nautical science..is that possible to get into nautical science.Pls help me guys
24th August 2018, 05:12 PM
Unregistered

Sir i got 60% above marks in english physics and chemistry but i got 50% mark in maths in 12th standard. Sir can i join the course for diploma in nautical science
27th July 2019, 06:46 PM
Unregistered

Whether one can pursue Diploma in Nautical Science after completing his B.Sc. in Physics.
1st May 2021, 02:15 PM
Unregistered

Sir, I have completed my diploma in mechanical engineering (polytechnic) and I want to join nautical science.Can I have chance to do it
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?