27th July 2021, 08:55 PM
Unregistered

Diploma holder is eligible for ITI NCVT?

I am applying for SER Kolkata apprenticeship ITI NCVT....but I have completed diploma electrical..so I am eligible for this ITI NCVT....plz tell me...

28th July 2021, 09:50 AM
osmin
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Diploma holder is eligible for ITI NCVT?

You are definitely eligible for diploma course if you have got ITI qualification from a recognised Institute. All you have to do is apply for the polytechnic entrance exam which is conducted by the State Technical Council.
You are ITI holder and you will be eligible for lateral entry admission through the entrance exam. If you have got a good rank in the entrance exam then you will be eligible for admission in a top Polytechnic Institute.
30th July 2021, 01:05 AM
cookie1902
Senior Member+++++

NCVT is the National Council of Vocational Training, if you have completed the diploma in electrical then I would not suggest you go for ITI NCVT. Diploma in Electrical is a higher qualification than ITI, instead of going for ITI you can choose higher studies like BE/BTech in Electrical which will benefit you in your near future and career and also has a lot of scopes.
30th July 2021, 08:10 PM
Msdhoni02

The answer is YES.

1. Anyone who has completed 8th class is eligible.

2. The minimum age should be 14 years.

3. The duration of the course is 1 to 2 years.
30th July 2021, 08:10 PM
ashishboudha
Senior Member+++++

Yes, the candidate who has completed a minimum 8th/10th/Diploma is eligible for ITI NCVT in India. The duration of the course is 1 to 2 years. The candidate should not be below 14 years at the time of admission.

As per the recommendation of NCVT, Admission to ITI is to be made purely on merit based on the marks secured by the candidate in the public examination as per the minimum qualification prescribed for the individual trade.
30th July 2021, 10:55 PM
ME471
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to get admission in ITI NCVT after completing Diploma in electrical. The required eligibility to get admission in ITI NCVT course is that the candidate should have passed 10th class with at least 50% from a recognized board of education. For the application process you should visit the official website of the Institute.
31st July 2021, 09:19 PM
shantanu bose
Senior Member+++++

Yes, ITI students can join because for some colleges ITI is equal to +2. Students can get admission to the 2nd year of their diploma. For diploma, admission will be on the basis of the 10th marks.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?