13th April 2023, 03:16 PM
Unregistered

Direct admission in civil engineering after diploma in civil without any entrance exams?

I have done my diploma in civil engg.from mumbai and i am planning to do Degree in civil from gujarat , can i get admission to direct second year without entrance exams.....???

26th May 2023, 05:21 PM
osmin
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Direct admission in civil engineering after diploma in civil without any entrance exams?

Direct admission into civil engineering programs after completing a diploma in civil engineering without any entrance exams is possible in some institutions. However, it is important to note that the availability of direct admission and the specific policies vary among universities and colleges. Here are a few possibilities:

1. Lateral Entry Programs: Some institutions offer lateral entry programs, also known as diploma to degree programs, where diploma holders can directly enter the second or third year of the civil engineering program. These programs typically require candidates to have completed a diploma in civil engineering from a recognized institution and meet the minimum academic requirements set by the university.

2. Management Quota/Institutional Seats: Certain universities or colleges reserve a limited number of seats in their civil engineering programs for direct admissions. These seats are often filled through management quota or institutional seats, and the selection is based on criteria established by the institution. This may include academic performance, work experience, or other factors determined by the institution.

3. Merit-based Admissions: In some cases, institutions may offer merit-based direct admissions to diploma holders based on their performance in the diploma program. They consider the academic record, overall GPA, or other relevant factors to determine eligibility for direct admission.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?