22nd December 2013, 12:18 PM
Unregistered

Direct M.Tech possible after Diploma in Civil Engineering with 20 years experience?

Dear

I want to do M-tech in Civil Engg. I have Diploma in Civil Engg. completed in 1992. I was unable to do Degree in Engg. after Diploma, due to financial problems. After completion of my Diploma, I was started my career to work in reputed construction companies without any break. Now I want to do M-tech. Is it possible to do M-tech directly with Diploma qualification with 20 years work experience? Please inform me your advise to my email id [email protected].

Regards,

P S Rao

Related Questions:
  1. Can I do B.Tech. in Civil Engineering after diploma in Mechanical Engineering and four year work experience in the field of civil engineering?
  2. Having 3 years experience will reduce the duration of diploma course?
  3. List of colleges available for doing M.Tech after completing B.Tech with 54% marks?
  4. How to get admission for civil engineering? I have scored 70% in civil engineering diploma
  5. Civil engineering after Diploma in Architecture and 3 years of work experience to find a Government job?
  6. Cutoff list of direct 2nd year civil engineering? I have scored 79% in diploma in civil engineering
  7. List of distance engineering universities in which I can apply after completing diploma in Civil Engineering course?
  8. Admission to direct BE second year after completion of diploma in civil engineering. -- [Most Discussed]
  9. Can I get admission in direct 2nd year after diploma in civil engineering branch
  10. Top colleges providing M.Tech Biotech through GATE?
  11. Am I eligible to do part time B.E civil in Chennai after completing diploma civil engineering
  12. Can a candidate be eligible to get direct admission into 2nd year of B.Arch after completion of Diploma in Civil Engineering?
  13. Duration of Civil Engineering course?
  14. Institutes offering M.Tech Metallurgy in Distance Education mode in India?
  15. Which are the good colleges for M.Tech in any trade of electronics?
  16. How to join B.E Architecture after completing diploma in civil engineering
  17. Any university providing part time course for degree in Civil Engineering in UAE?
  18. How to join diploma in civil engineering direct in 2nd year? I have completed my Civil Draughtsmen
6th January 2014, 01:44 PM
ExpertAnswers
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Direct M.Tech possible after Diploma in Civil Engineering with 20 years experience?

Sorry to say friend that you are not eligible to appear for the m tech because the minimum eligibility criteria for the m tech exam is graduation any of candidate who have done the b tech degree can only appear for the GATE exam.

As you have done diploma in civil engineering so if you want to do m tech then you need to first do B.Tech you may take admission in the b tech course directly in the second year through the lateral entry process.

One can not take admission directly in the M.Tech course after completing the diploma course because the minimum eligibility criteria for the m.tech exam is graduation with at least of 50 percent marks so currently you are not eligible to appear for the gate exam by which one can take admission in M.Tech course.

As you have 20 years experience in engineering field but sorry to say friend that this experience will not help to directly do M.Tech course you need to go with some regulation that for the M.Tech course one need to have in your qualification graduation so first you need to complete your graduation then only after that you can apply for the m tech entrance exam and can take admission into M.Tech course.

So better to do first graduation and after that apply for the GATE exam so that you may take admission in the M.Tech exam. But first you need to clear GATE exam also. And for the GATE exam you need graduation.

So best advice for you is to go with the graduation course and then apply for the M.Tech course.
7th September 2014, 07:22 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Direct M.Tech possible after Diploma in Civil Engineering with 20 years experience?

is it possible to apply direct 2nd year comp. engineering course after completing my graduation.?
plz answer me bcoz i am in 3rd year (bcs(comp.sci))
11th May 2016, 06:19 PM
Unregistered

Can I do Masters in Civil Engineering after doing Bachelors in I.T ?? Please guide me through the same.
11th May 2016, 06:35 PM
Unregistered

I have completed my B.E(Bachelors) in I.T in the year 2014. But I feel more inclined towards the Civil field. So is it possible for me to do M.E(Masters) in Civil Engineering now? Please help me out for the same. Thank u
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?