8th January 2022, 06:28 PM
Unregistered

Is domicile certificate compulsory for admission in Post Graduate Diploma courses?

I am from other state and working in Gujarat. I want to do PG Diploma in Gujarat state but the institute is asking for domicile certificate. What should I do? Is domicile certificate so important for taking admission in Post Graduate Diploma courses?

13th January 2022, 11:18 AM
Ayesha baig
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is domicile certificate compulsory for admission in Post Graduate Diploma courses?

Yes, domicile certificate is compulsory for admission in Post Graduate Diploma course.
13th January 2022, 05:01 PM
cookie1902
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is domicile certificate compulsory for admission in Post Graduate Diploma courses?

Yes, a domicile certificate is compulsory for admission in Post Graduate diploma courses in Gujarat. The Gujarat government has made it mandatory for students to submit the domicile certificate while seeking admissions to medical and paramedical courses.
15th January 2022, 08:23 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Yes, it is mandatory to submit the domicile certificate wherever asked as there are reservation policies and institutes are bound to admit certain percentage of students from the home state.

So, you need to submit the required documents if asked by he institute.
15th January 2022, 02:16 PM
shantanu bose
Senior Member+++++

Domicile is not needed by any of the centralised university taking admissions on the basis of all india entrance exams. Domicile is mostly required when students are applying for the state universities like UPTU or University of Maharashtra.
15th January 2022, 04:57 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Now due to the populist tendency various government are making laws to reserve the seats for candidates of home state.

So, if you do not have the domicile of the respective state and not qualifying the criteria of remaining unreserved seats ( open seat ) then not eligible to get admission.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?