12th January 2018, 07:57 PM
Unregistered

PG Diploma in Health and Social Gerontology is best for B.Sc Nursing student? Procedure to study this course from government colleges?

I am B.Sc Nursing student and after it want to study PG Diploma in Health and Social Gerontology. Is it best option for my career? Procedure to study this course from a government college?

Related Questions:
  1. Which courses I can pursue to enhance my skills while working in a government job?
  2. Procedure to get admission for BSc nursing in West Bengal government college?
  3. Courses to study for a candidate after Diploma except BSc(Nursing)?
  4. List of colleges offering BSc(Nursing) in Tamil Nadu
  5. List of colleges offering MSc(Mental Health Nursing) in Tamil Nadu
  6. Eligibility to study MS(Health Informatics) in University of San Francisco for BSc(Nursing) student?
  7. List of government colleges to study Diploma in Nursing course
  8. Benefits of studying Diploma in General Nursing and Midwifery? -- [New]
  9. Possibility to study Diploma in Dance Movement Therapy at Tata Institute of Social Sciences for B.Sc(Nursing) student? Detailed information and procedure to get admission?
  10. When will I receive BSc Nursing course after completing diploma in Nursing?
  11. Can a Diploma in Nursing and Bachelor in Public Health holder study Master in Nursing course? Where should I apply for it?
  12. Which course should i choose - BA Psychology or B.Sc. Psychology? -- [Most Discussed]
  13. What should I choose to study after Diploma in Health Inspector course?
  14. What is the procedure followed to get government job in nursing field after completion of diploma in general nursing?
  15. List of government colleges in Madurai which offers B.Sc(Nursing) for diploma holder married woman?
  16. Eligibility to study Diploma in Youth Development & Social Change for B.Com student? List of colleges offering admission?
  17. Eligibility to study B.Sc(Nursing) for Nursing Assistant Diploma student? List of colleges in Chennai?
  18. Information about the nursing college? Which are the good colleges in Kerala to study BSc Nursing?
4th March 2018, 08:08 AM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: PG Diploma in Health and Social Gerontology is best for B.Sc Nursing student? Procedure to study this course from government colleges?

There are several colleges that are offering this Post Graduate Diploma in Health and Social Gerontology course. Basically, there is a certain educational qualification required to be eligible.

>> You must have completed Graduation in any discipline from a recognized university.

>> Some of the preferable courses are B.Sc or B.A or B.Sc Hons in Social Science or Science or Home Science in 10+2+2 pattern with 50% marks from a recognized university.

>> As you are done with B.Sc in Nursing course, you may pursue this course and yes there are several job opportunities available after completion of this course. You may find employment opportunities in Government as well as private hospitals in the department.

>> As far as my best knowledge is concerned, there are very few colleges that are offering and they may be government aided or private colleges. I suggest you to contact the concerned government college and generally admission is done on the basis of written examination and sometimes on the basis of merit secured in Graduation.

>> Colleges that offers this course,
* Institute of Home Economics, University of Delhi
Click here for More details
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?