9th March 2016, 04:33 PM
Unregistered

Can my father become a guarantor against an Education Loan if I am a married woman?

Hello,
I have got recently married and I am a B.Tech graduate. I was trying for doing MS in Abroad. Now, I have got the chance to study in USA. Now, I want to apply for an Education Loan. My husband is agreed but I want my father to become a guarantor. So, I can make my father a guarantor for an Education Loan?

Related Questions:
  1. Is it possible to show Brother-in-Law's IT file as a guarantor instead of father to apply for Bank Education Loan?
  2. Is it possible to make my Brother-In-Law a guarantor against an education loan if my father died?
  3. Whether my father can become Guarantor for Education Loan if my brother is studying MBA through Education Loan?
  4. Is it possible to present my Brother-In-Law as a Guarantor to apply for Education Loan due to my father's death?
  5. Being a Bank Ex-Officer my father can become a guarantor against Education Loan?
  6. Whether my sister become Guarantor to apply for an Education Loan if my father died?
  7. Can I apply for an Education Loan being a married woman?
  8. Whether a 3rd Party Guarantor must be an Account Holder of Bank for taking Education Loan? Is documents necessary to show by the Guarantor? A retired person can be a Guarantor?
  9. Can my Brother-in-Law become guarantor to apply for an Education Loan?
  10. Guarantor is eligible to get Education Loan for studying MBBS?
  11. Eligibility to get Education Loan against property without a guarantor?
  12. What is the role of a Guarantor to apply for Bank Education Loan? -- [Most Discussed]
  13. Son of a government employee can get exemption in Education Loan?
  14. Who is Third Party Guarantor in Bank Education Loan scheme?
  15. Whether a retired person is eligible to become a Guarantor for Education Loan of upto Rs. 7.75 Lacs? Is it necessary to submit any document for a Guarantor?
  16. How can I get an Education Loan of Rs. 4.5 Lacs to study B.Tech without security and guarantor?
  17. Whether Bank pressurize guarantor for repayment of Education Loan?
  18. Education Loan to study in a Business School without a guarantor?
12th March 2016, 10:57 PM
palugulavenumadhav
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can my father become a guarantor against an Education Loan if I am a married woman?

Yes, you can avail education loan to pursue B.Tech.

All nationalized banks offer education loan by demanding collateral security equal to the loan amount for Rs.5 lacs and above and for Rs.4 lacs and below one has to provide a third party guarantee.

The guarantor may be any of the person who is the relation of the candidate.

One can keep his/ her father as third party guarantee to avail education loan.
12th March 2016, 11:58 PM
ArunavaBasu
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Can my father become a guarantor against an Education Loan if I am a married woman?

Yes you can make your father a guarantor.
You need your father to say that he is a will full guarantor of the Loan that you will take for your MS from Abroad.
You need to show to the Bank the IT Return of the your father for the last financial year to finally get your Loan sanctioned.
This is the process that you need to follow.
25th May 2017, 12:10 PM
Unregistered

I am married women and i got chance to do ms in abroad my father is becoming a guarantor against an education loan , is it necessary to have signature of husband? and i and my husband are separated but not legally.
25th May 2017, 12:17 PM
swathisri66

Default Re:post graduate

how to apply for postgraduate program
13th July 2022, 12:35 AM
Unregistered

Can my husband become aguarantor an education loan but my documents is old named?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?