30th April 2017, 11:13 AM
Unregistered

Chances to get education loan on a Fixed deposit? Requirements and conditions for it?

Hello sir, I have a fixed deposit of 5 lakh for seven year and now I want to admit my son in degree course. Can I get education loan on this Fixed deposit? Requirements and conditions for it?

Related Questions:
  1. Criteria to get high amount education loan for Pilot training in London?
  2. Conditions to apply for Education Loan of Rs. 6.4 Lacs to study LLB?
  3. Can I apply for an education loan against of 50 thousand fixed deposit in Jan Dhan Yojna account?
  4. Can I get an Education Loan without security deposit to study B.Tech?
  5. Can I get an education loan for doing BE in Marine engineering?
  6. Education loan procedure for BHM course?
  7. Why the interest rates are fluctuating higher when I had applied for an Education Loan on Fixed Rates?
  8. What are the terms and conditions to get an education loan?
  9. List of Banks offering an education loan of Rs. 8 Lacs to study MBA in Chennai? Terms and conditions of an education loan?
  10. Will I get loan for 3rd and 4th year if have backlog in 2nd year? -- [Most Discussed]
  11. Which Bank offered cheapest Interest rates against Education Loan of Rs. 15 Lacs? Which is among Floating and Fixed interest rates better if want to repay before 1 year completing of education?
  12. Which Bank offer cheapest Interest rates against Education Loan of Rs. 15 Lacs? Which is among Floating and Fixed interest rates better if want to repay before 1 year completing of education?
  13. Security deposit required to apply for an Education Loan in State Bank of Bikaner & Jaipur?
  14. Repayment mode under Education Loan scheme of Federal Bank?
  15. Chances to get an education loan from PNB if got 3 backlogs in B.Tech?
  16. Does Government Banks offer Education Loan to study B.Tech? Chances of getting Education Loan?
  17. Am I eligible to apply for Education Loan of Rs. 2 Lacs to deposit admission fee if already applied through college? Should I take Personal Loan?
  18. Which Bank provides Education Loan of Rs. 45 Lacs to study MBBS in US? Requirements to apply?
4th May 2017, 10:43 AM
EALP EXPERT
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Chances to get education loan on a Fixed deposit? Requirements and conditions for it?

You need not to apply loan on fixed deposit for education. You simply have to apply for education loan for which you will be required following documents:

1. Mark sheet of 12th standard.
2. Residence address proof.
3. Parents ID.
4. Online counselling participation slip.
5. Some declarations on stamp papers as per the bank policy.
6. Name of college with bank details in which you are going to admit for further education.

Please note that you will not get any cash payment against education loan. Bank will issue cheque addressed to college's account.
You have to payback the same after one year of completion of education in instalments.
4th May 2017, 05:44 PM
MerajAmir
Senior Member+

Default Re: Chances to get education loan on a Fixed deposit? Requirements and conditions for it?

If you are going to take loan of Rs. 7.5 Lac and above then you will need collateral security of equal amount as of loan like house property, land, gold, LIC, fixed deposit, etc. If you are going to take loan amount which is less than Rs. 7.5 lac then you will need 3rd party guarantee and up to Rs. 4 Lac of education loan no security is required by the bank. Yes, you can get the loan if you have equal amount of fixed deposit as of loan amount you are going to take.
The borrower needs to submit the Id proof, address proof, educational documents, etc. The borrower should be the citizen of India and should have secured admission in the college/institute which is affiliated with the recognized university and the proof of same have to show to the bank like admission letter, fee receipt, etc.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?