1st January 2019, 06:06 PM
Unregistered

Details of Collateral Security in Oriental Bank of Commerce Education Loan scheme?

Hello, I am interested to apply for an education loan in Oriental Bank of Commerce Bank. After searching alot I didn’t understand the term Collateral Security. Can I know about this Collateral Security of Education Loan in Oriental Bank of Commerce?

13th March 2019, 05:27 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Details of Collateral Security in Oriental Bank of Commerce Education Loan scheme?

Collateral security is something which has a monetary value, like fixed deposit, property, jewellery, etc. For education loans of higher value most of the banks will ask for collateral security, just for security reason. It is mainly done to make sure that in future if student is not able to pay back then they will have an option to recover it by other means.

Agricultural land is not considered as collateral. Hence, if you have anything like fixed deposit, property, bonds, insurance policy, etc then you can use it as collateral.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?