1st October 2019, 11:28 PM
Unregistered

How to claim a Tax Rebate in ICICI Bank education loan of my brother taken by my father?

Dear friends, my father has taken an education loan from ICICI Bank for my brother's MBA program. Now he has completed his course and I am repaying the amount of that education loan which was taken by my father. The loan is combined of my father and brother's names. So, I want to claim tax rebate on this education loan in this bank. Kindly tell me what I have to do?

26th June 2022, 02:45 PM
Hera tabrez
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to claim a Tax Rebate in ICICI Bank education loan of my brother taken by my father?

As per section 80E 9f Income Tax act , an individual who has taken education loan for higher studies for himself , children or spouse or if you are a legal guardian of the individual who has taken the education loan can claim tax benefit on an education loan.
To claim deduction under section 80E , the assessee needs to avail loan from any financial institution or a recognised charitable institution .
Deduction under section 80 E cannot be availed towards interest paid to a relative or employer towards a loan taken for higher education.
Those who have availed the maximum available deduction of INR 1, 50,000 under section 80C they can still avail deduction under section 80E.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?