1st October 2019, 11:28 PM
Unregistered

Can I apply for an education loan without any property mortgage for my sister’s BDS course?

Hello Sir/Madam, I am working in an MNC from the last 14 months and earns Rs. 24000 per month. I want to take an education loan for my younger sister. She wants to study BDS course. I have no property to mortgage for getting an education loan. So, I can apply for an education loan for my sister's education in any bank?

26th June 2022, 02:51 PM
Hera tabrez
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for an education loan without any property mortgage for my sister’s BDS course?

The amount of security depends on the amount of loan taken for the course.
For loans upto or less than 4 lacs , no security is required.
A personal gurantee is required .
For loans above 7.5 lacs both collateral security and third party gurantee is required.
Thus the amount of security varies with loan amount.
Non agricultural open land that has clear boundaries is accepted as collateral for secured education loan.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?