18th July 2011, 12:45 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Changing from Engineering to Medicine?

Hi,
I am now in 3rd year and studying Computer Science and Engineering.I want to do medical after my engineering study.Is there any option to do so?
20th July 2011, 03:01 PM
Unregistered

Hi raviteja, I don't know what the opportunities you have find to become a doctor. I am also interested to do medicine. Pls mail me in this ID: [email protected]
22nd July 2011, 01:51 PM
Unregistered

hi like to do btech but in 10 2 my subject is BPC can do btech because i like to go in IT field
31st July 2011, 06:35 PM
Unregistered

hi
i' m a final year student pursuing b.e. in electronics and comm. stream. I want to switch from engg. to medical.
Plz do tell me the steps for how can i change my field?
rep me at the earliest.

rushna
17th October 2011, 03:50 PM
Unregistered

Hi
I am a student of computer science and engineering 3rd year from KVSRIT kurnool. i am interested in persuing medicine after my graduation, but i haven't done biology at plus2 level. Please let me know what should i do, can i do XII class again with bipc from open school(nios) or other boards and take pmt . please let me know at the earliest. thank you.
mail.id:[email protected]
15th November 2011, 05:35 AM
Akash.Sood

Hi
I am a student doing a btech from in chemical eng from IIT Delhi. I too haven't done bio in class 12. I am totally and irrevocably made a decision that i want to pursue a career in Medicine. I am open to med school in the US or any other foreign university. I would greatly appreciate any info on how i can get a bio class 12 certificate from school or anything else which might help me in this regard.
email: [email protected]
Cheers

Quote:
Originally Posted by raviteja936 View Post
Hi
I am a student of Electrical Engg at IIT Kharagpur.
I am interested in pursuing medicine after my graduation,but I haven't done biology at plus2 level.
Please let me know what should I do. Can I do XII class again with BPC from open school(NIOS),or other boards and take PMT.
Please let me know at the earliest.
Thank you
21st December 2011, 01:19 AM
Unregistered

Hi
I am a student of information technology at kvsr institute of technology kurnool.
I am interested in pursuing medicine after my engineering,but I haven't done biology at plus2 level.
Please let me know what should I do. Can I do XII class again with BPC from open school(NIOS),or other boards and take PMT.
Thank you. plz give ur valuable advices to me. mail:[email protected]
mobile number:8500534130
1st January 2012, 02:15 PM
Unregistered

WOW! I'm glad to see so many others having similar wishes! I am a 3rd year enginnering student in Bangalore and I desperately want to do medicine at this point. i loved phy and bio and when confronted i took the easy way out and picked engineering. but this will only ultimately take me to software and that i dont want! i had taken up pcmc in 12th :( i'm open to suggestions centred about pursuing medicine in other countries as well. Singapore for example, does not ask for the 12th-bio combo! but admissions into those schools are very hard. also, if it is a foreign university, i would definitely have to go on a loan since it will be too expensive to afford otherwise. Any advice or suggestions/help?
28th March 2012, 08:47 PM
Unregistered

wanna do mba after cmpltng my mbbs...wts d scope
21st June 2012, 07:50 PM
Unregistered

I am a student of mathematics from ANDHRAPRADESH.But I am interested in genetics. Am I eligible for it?
21st June 2012, 10:26 PM
babu91

hello dear,
it seems practically impossible going for medicals after engineering........

it is very true that you can go for 12th again with biology from any open schools ........but when you apply for the competitive exams for medical exams you will be shortlisted on the basis of age limit .........

the minimum age limit for pmt is 17yrs and maximum age limit for it is 25...... SC/ST/OBC students get relaxation of 5 years on upper age limit.
so if you are a sc or st candidate then you get a concession for age limit ........

now when you will complete your b.tech form iit , at that time you will be probably 21-22yrs .......and then you will go for 12th again from open school ......which will take another 1yr ans since pmt includes both the portion of 11th and 12th biology along with other subjects ....it might take another one year for the preparation........

and so it will be difficult for you to crack the exam in the first and last attempt......
but then too i will advise you that if you are very serious about it then consult a consultant regarding this .......

best of luck
thank you
5th September 2012, 11:07 AM
Unregistered

i completed my inter by pcm.now i am going to engineering this year.one month ago i saw one doctor who had completed mbbs and dgo.so i also wanted to become a doctor but it is not possible.so i feit very sad every day,every mimuite.my parents were not interested to doing doctor to me because it is financially more and it is very difficult to do doctor for me they told me and it is very long process to setteled in life.
13th August 2013, 03:53 PM
priyaGsl

Quote:
Hi
I am interested in pursuing medicine after my graduation,but I haven't done biology at plus2 level.
Thank you
hi...i m interested in medicine thgh i m persuing my B.E in Andhra university....i had the same doubts regarding medicine after engg..plzz,suggest me how u had gone thrh medicine to get in to tht field ...heres my mail id- [email protected]
31st August 2013, 12:10 PM
Unregistered

Hello im an software engineer 2013 passout. But i really want to pursue my career in medicine or genetics. can anypone suggest me how which institute gives me an addmission with mpc background.
31st August 2013, 12:22 PM
kathi123

Hello... Im a software engineer 2013 passout. Medicine is my passion but my parents wanted me to do engineering. Now i want to do medicine or genetics but i have a mpc background. can u suggest me any institutions providing medicine or genetics degree with mpc background.
17th December 2013, 03:29 AM
Unregistered

Hi
I want to switch from engineering to medical . I am in my first year of my engineering . I had bio in my 12th and had 70 percentile score in NEET ug 2013 . Is there any chance to get into medical or be a surgeon ?
29th January 2014, 07:58 PM
Unregistered

i am doing my third year in bio medical engineering can i do doctor of medicine as my master degree ????
10th August 2014, 02:00 PM
Unregistered

Hi ravi! Hope u r still using dis account!
M an ECE student from kerala! I was forced into takin up dis branch by my parents! I really want to study medicine! But I was not allowed to take biology for my 12th boards!! Pls do let me knw if u succeeded in ur attempt! I wanna try a way out too! N get more information on d open school! Awaiting ur reply!
Thanks in advance!
2nd September 2016, 07:09 PM
Unregistered

Thumbs up Re: Changing from Engineering to Medicine?

Quote:
Hi
Thank you
Hi Raviteja,

Have you enrolled in medicine..please let me know the how to proceed..have done my B.tech and MPC in inter..Want to do Medicine..
I am also from Andhra pradesh..

Thanks
Revathi
13th May 2020, 10:08 PM
Unregistered

What is the procedure to do this in Maharashtra state board ?
17th January 2022, 12:19 PM
Unregistered

Iam parameshwaran
Studying EEE in peri institute of technology Chennai
But due to economical issue
I want to study dmlt lab technician
Is it possible
Iam biomaths group in school
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?