14th April 2010, 01:20 PM
utsa.2008

Admission procedure for Undergraduate Honors course in Physics? Minimum marks required in 12th? What to do to study Astrophysics?

What is the admission procedure to be followed for an undergraduate honours course in Physics? And also what is the minimum marks required in the 12th grade report? And what i have to do for study astrophysics?

Related Questions:
  1. Can I study M.Sc in Astrophysics if pursue B.Sc in Physics?
  2. How can I study M.Sc(Astrophysics) being a B.Sc(Applied Physics) candidate? Minimum marks required to get admission? List of colleges in India?
  3. Minimum marks required in Accountancy to study B.Com Honors? I have passed 12th
  4. Can I study M.Sc(Astrophysics) after pursuing B.Sc in Physics? Difference among Astrophysics and Physics?
  5. Minimum marks and percentage required for physics honors in presidency college
  6. Procedure to apply for B.Sc Physics from University of Manchester? Minimum percentage required in 12th for taking admission being an Indian student? -- [New]
  7. Minimum marks required in 12th to study Optometry Undergraduate course in any Government college of Kerala? Scope and differences among B.Optometry and B.Sc(Optometry)?
  8. B.Sc in Physics honors in US after 12th?
  9. Percentage required in 12th PCM to study Astrophysics in Graduation?
  10. Eligibility to study M.Sc(Astrophysics) for B.Sc(Physics) candidate?
  11. List of colleges which offer M.Sc(Astrophysics) to B.Sc candidate in US? Procedure to get admission?
  12. M.Sc in Astrophysics or Physics is possible to do after B.Sc in Maths and Economics? Is it possible to present my several Pro Certificates in lieu of a proper Astrophysics or Physics course if I am not eligible?
  13. How to become an Astronaut?
  14. What is the procedure followed for getting admission for Masters in Astrophysics?
  15. Admission procedure to study B.Sc(Astrophysics) in Indian Institute of Astrophysics?
  16. How to study in economics after passing 12th examination? What is the minimum marks required to study economics honors
  17. Can I study M.Sc in Astrophysics if pursuing B.Sc with Maths, Physics and Chemistry?
  18. Top colleges in DU for Physics(Hons.) after 12th with 83% marks? Admission procedure? -- [Most Discussed]
23rd December 2011, 08:45 PM
Davidvilla9

Default Re: Admission procedure for Undergraduate Honors course in Physics? Minimum marks required in 12th? What to do to study Astrophysics?

Quote:
Originally Posted by utsa.2008 View Post
What is the admission procedure to be followed for an undergraduate honours course in Physics? And also what is the minimum marks required in the 12th grade report? And what i have to do for study astrophysics?
dear friend, there are many institutions undergoing masters course in physics.. For that you have get aleast 55% in 12th science stream.. After after completing your graduation in physics you can opt for astrophysics. Here are few best institues INDIAN INSTITUE OF ASTROPHYSICS, INDIAN INSTITUE OF SCIENCE., raman reasearch institue...u have to score well to tunnel through... THANKS...
24th December 2011, 09:15 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Admission procedure for Undergraduate Honors course in Physics? Minimum marks required in 12th? What to do to study Astrophysics?

Quote:
Originally Posted by utsa.2008 View Post
IN order to get admission in undergraduate honours course in physics you need to choose a college where you want to study(i suggest you to choose best college in your state or outside)then download the form, fill it up and subbmit it or bring it from college if oneline facility is not there .MOREOVER The admission to various Science courses are based on the candidates’ mark in 10+2 standard. Some institutions also conduct separate aptitude test for screening out the eligible candidates.
The mimimum mark required depend on the college in which you would like to get admitted.Normally you must have 50%+ in PCM. For the best college you may need 85%+ in PCM if you are of general catagory obviously you can have relexation if you are st or obc.For astrophysics you can persue B.tech/B.S in astrophysics after your HS for which you much clear entrence conducted by the institute offering this course.list of college offering this course are

LIST OF ASTROPHYSICS COLLEGE IN INDIA

Indian Institute of Astrophysics, Bangalore

Gulbarga University , Gulbarga

KarnatakaCity College, Bangalore

R. V. Center for Cognitive Technologies Bangalore

St. Xavier`s College, Kolkata

Indian Institute of Astrophysics, Bangalore

Rashtrasant Tukdoji Maharaj Nagpur University, Nagpur

Saha Institute of Nuclear Physics - Kolkata, West Bengal

Institute Of Physics - Bhubaneswar, Orissa

Punjab University - Chandigarh, Punjab

College of Science & Technology - Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh

Berhampur University - Berhampur, Orissa

Kamla Nehru Institute of Physical and Social Sciences - Sultanpur, Uttar pradesh

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
19th May 2012, 12:51 PM
Unregistered

i have gotten 75% marks in h.s.i have gotten 87 in physics. may i get chance in the collages of calcutta university in physics hon? or krishnanagar govt.collage?? plzz help me saying this
24th February 2013, 04:15 PM
Unregistered

i've got 96.3% marks in 12th standard,can i apply for honors in delhi university
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?