18th September 2011, 07:12 PM
Unregistered

After my diploma can I give UPSC exam?

Can i give UPSC exam after my Diploma? instead of 12th...please tell me if i am eligible

19th September 2011, 06:31 AM
mukul0094
Banned

Default Re: After my diploma can I give UPSC exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Can i give UPSC exam after my Diploma? instead of 12th...please tell me if i am eligible

Information Regarding UPSC Examination.

No, you are not eligible for the Civil Services examination because the diploma degree is not equal to the graduation degree. Civil services examination is conducted by the UPSC in every year. To appear in the Civil Services examination you need the following eligibility criteria.

Educational Qualification = Graduation in any stream from a recognize University. The final year graduation student are also eligible to apply for the Civil services examination.

Age Limit = The age must be between 21 to 30 years at the time of appearing of this examination. The age relaxation is also applicable for the candidates belong to reservation category.

As per your question you are not eligible to apply for the civil services examination because the diploma course is not equivalent to the graduation degree. So i advise you to first do graduation and then you can apply for the civil services examination.

For any more information regarding civil services examination please visit the official website of the UPSC. :- http://www.upsc.gov.in

Regards
~Mukul~
19th September 2011, 02:43 PM
sandeepsonipoly

Thumbs up Re: After my diploma can I give UPSC exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
NO, you can not application for UPSE examination.
Qualification for upse : a graduate in any discipline with recognized university and for IES and other engineering examination required B.E./BE.TECH.
Eligibility of upse :a candidate between 21 to 30 year and age relaxation also given on upper age.

but, you have completed diploma so you have to go with SSC examination. every year SSC conduct a CPWD examination for diploma level. Here

EXAM NAME :CPWD FOR JE

QUALIFICATION ; Diploma in Civil/Mechanical/Electrical
Engg. or Equivalent

AGE REQUIRED :18-27

PAY SCALE ;5000-8000
you should also go with SAIL,BHEL,NPTC,DRDO,AND OTHER.
BEST OF LUCK
19th September 2011, 03:58 PM
peterpan10
Senior Member+

I am sorry to say that you are not eligible for this.

Here is the details for you sa that you can know that you should have minimum a graduation to apply.

Educational Qualification :
The candidate must have a graduation degree from any recogniged university

Age Limit :
The age of the candidate must be within 21 to 30 years.
But SC/ST candidate there is 5 year age relaxation and for OBC there is 3 year age relaxation.

For more details please visit http://www.upsc.gov.in
5th June 2012, 01:00 PM
Unregistered

I am diploma in civil engineering. Working as Junior Engineer (Civil) in Central Government Department i.e. Andaman Lakshadweep
Harbour Works in the Pay Band of Rs. 9300-34800 with grade pay Rs. 4200/-. I am a permanent employee working with this department
since August 2009. I want to appear for UPSC exams..Please tell me if I can appear in the UPSC exam and the age limit for the exam.
Also please tell me if there is any age relaxation for government employees.
21st July 2012, 06:22 PM
Onkar Kaur
Senior Member+

Sorry Friend, you are not eligible for the Civil Services exams conducated by UPSC.

You should have to complete your graduation in any stream in order apply for civil services and it must be from any recognized University.

Age Limit: 21-30 yrs

But as you have completed your diploma, you may apply for SSC exams.

Wish you GOOD LUCK.
24th April 2013, 08:39 PM
Unregistered

i completed diploma in electrical; i would be eligible for engineering services examination/
23rd June 2013, 09:11 PM
Unregistered

I Completed Diploma in I.T.;I can give G.P.S.C. Exam. & my age is 21.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?