31st March 2015, 02:11 PM
SASIKALATHAMIZHARASAN

Age criteria for first standard in cbse schools

Hi sir/madam

this is sasikala from chennai. My son date of birth is 13.4.13. I planned to admit my child in pre k.g for the next academic year 2015-2016 during vijayadhasami admission period. I approached few schools. In some schools, they have rejected my child application form, they are telling that for first standard age should be complete 5 years 6 months. But for your child its 5 years 2 months only.

Is it correct? Completion of 5 years is not sufficient to admit my child in first standard? Is it any problem for my child, while he is appearing for the tenth board exam?

Please guide me what to do?

Thank you

Related Questions:
31st March 2015, 02:51 PM
secret29
Senior Member+

Default Re: Age criteria for first standard in cbse schools

There is a fix age criteria in any school affiliated to CBSE.If you wants to admit you child in first standard of CBSE then the age of your children should not be more than 5 years and should not be less than 4 years.

There is no any hard rule regarding the age criteria because sometime it also depend on the mental power of children.If your child will have better capability to understanding then you can go for his admission in the age of 4 only.Because your child will not face any problem in future.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?