21st June 2012, 01:17 PM
punithagp

Am I eligible to appear for GATE while pursuing MSc(Tech) Information Systems at BITS Pilani

I am pursuing my M.Sc (Tech) information systems at BITS Pilani. Presently in third year. It is a four year course. Am I eligible to appear for GATE 2013 exam by electing CS - Computer Science & Information Technology as my paper. Please confirm.

Related Questions:
  1. How may I get internships in Visakhapatnam after 1st year? I am pursuing B.Tech with IT stream from BITS, Pilani?
  2. Details regarding seat availability and admission criteria for pursuing ME (embedded system) from BITS Pilani?
  3. What is the value of pursuing MS from BITS Pilani?
  4. Am I eligible for GATE entrance exam after doing correspondence in BS engineering and technology from BITS Pilani
  5. How to do M.Tech degree form BITS Pilani?
  6. Mtech in Bits Pilani through GATE exam? or any other exam?
  7. What is the procedure to get admission in BITS Pilani through GATE?
  8. Admission in bits pilani for mtech degree without good GATE score? -- [Most Discussed]
  9. How to join MS in BITS Pilani?
  10. What is the benefit of pursuing dual degree from BITS Pilani?
  11. Detailed information with placement criteria of BITS Pilani for MBA programme?
  12. When will be the Entrance Exam to get admission for M.Tech in BITS Pilani? When can I get forms for this? Which degree I can receive from BITS Pilani between M.Tech and ME?
  13. Am i eligible to do Ph.D in in MGR university or Sathyabama University after doing MS(Distance) software systems in BITS Pilani?
  14. What is the value for MS from BITS Pilani Distance Education
  15. Is MS from Bits Pilani is equivalent to post graduation course? -- [New]
  16. Which are the courses offered in Dual Degree? I have scored 285 marks in BITSAT
  17. Which institutions are better, BITS Pilani or IIT Hyderabad? Which one to choose between Chemical, Civil and BITS Pilani?
  18. Last year GATE cutoff for SC category in BITS Pilani in Mechanical stream?
29th July 2012, 08:34 PM
karthik.mm
Member+

Default Re: Am I eligible to appear for GATE while pursuing MSc(Tech) Information Systems at BITS Pilani

Dear Punithagp,

The revised rules of taking the entrance exam GATE is that the student should be in the 3rd year of engineering or higher. Anything below that renders you ineligible.

And yes, you can definitely opt for CS as your paper.

All the best!!
30th July 2012, 06:03 PM
savan kumar chaitanya

Default Re: Am I eligible to appear for GATE while pursuing MSc(Tech) Information Systems at BITS Pilani

The revised rules of taking the entrance exam GATE is that the student should be in the 3rd year of engineering or higher. Anything below that renders you ineligible.

And yes, you can definitely opt for CS as your paper.

All the best!!
1st January 2013, 02:35 PM
Unregistered

I have done M.Sc. (Tech.) Information Systems from BITS Pilani, am i eligible to get admission in m. tech cs in IITs and IISC through gate, since I have been rejected in many psu interviews.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?