26th August 2013, 09:12 PM
Unregistered

Am i eligible to apply for BCA course after studying in commerce subjects in 12th

Hello I'm currently studying commerce subjects in XII. Am I eligible to apply for BCA course in any college or under any university? Is it also possible for me to apply for MSc in CS with a commerce background?

28th April 2014, 02:17 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am i eligible to apply for BCA course after studying in commerce subjects in 12th

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello I'm currently studying commerce subjects in XII. Am I eligible to apply for BCA course in any college or under any university? Is it also possible for me to apply for MSc in CS with a commerce background?
Nice to see that you're interested in BCA course. But, being a commerce stream student you're not eligible for BCA course. Because Mathematics course is mandatory to apply for BCA course. So,Only your eligible for BCA course, If you having mathematics subject in 12th standard, Otherwise you're not eligible for BCA course.

BCA stands for Bachelor of Computer Application. The duration of the course is for three years with six semester.

To apply for this course then the candidate should be passed in 12th standard or equivalent qualification in any discipline with mathematics as main subject from recognized university.

The Applicant should be score minimum 55% percentage of marks from recognized university and relaxation will be applicable for SC/ST and OBC candidates.

Applicant age should not more than 24 years at the time of admission for BCA course.

So, as per the BCA course eligibility criteria, If you studied mathematics subject in 12th standard then you're definitely eligible for BCA course other you're ineligible for BCA course.

Other Bachelor degree Courses after 12th standard:-

Bachelor of Arts
Bachelor of Business Administration
Bachelor of Commerce
Bachelor of Bank Management
8th May 2014, 12:19 AM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am i eligible to apply for BCA course after studying in commerce subjects in 12th

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Any stream candidates are eligible for BCA course. But the candidate should study mathematics subject as a main subject in 12th standard. Otherwise, the candidate not eligible for BCA course. So, If you have mathematics subject in 12th standard then definitely you're eligible for BCA course. BCA stands for (Bachelor of Computer Application).

The Applicant should be passed in 12th standard or equivalent qualification in any discipline from recognized university.
The Applicant age should be below 23 years.
THe Applicant should be score minimum 50% percentage of marks.
The Applicant should be studied mathematics as a main subject in 12th standard.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?