12th June 2019, 03:16 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to apply in the IITs after passing Intermediate from Commerce stream?

I have completed my Intermediate from Commerce stream. Is there any chance for me to join IITs for Computer related courses? If not, then can I get admission in any private institutes or colleges for doing a degree course in Computer Science?

13th June 2019, 09:19 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply in the IITs after passing Intermediate from Commerce stream?

IIT refers to Indian Institute of Technology and IITs are known to be the finest college for degree course in technology / engineering i.e; B.E./B.Tech.

Further, for getting admitted in IIT to pursue undergraduate degree course in technology, you are required to qualify JEE (Joint Entrance Examination) for appearing in which the minimum education required is a Class 12th in Science stream with PCM group from a recognised board.

So, having completed your Class 12th in Commerce stream, you are not eligible for admission to IIT for pursuing any undergraduate degree course. Also, you are not eligible for pursuing degree course in Computer Science as for the same too, you need to have completed your Class 12th with PCM group.
13th June 2019, 10:05 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply in the IITs after passing Intermediate from Commerce stream?

IIT is Indian Institute of Technology.

To get admission in the institute, the most common eligibility is that candidate must have passed or pursuing in 12th from a recognised board. Candidate must have passed 12th in PCM as main paper.

So, candidates with commerce stream in 12th are not eligible to get admission in the IIT.
13th June 2019, 10:35 PM
Deepanshu3010

No, you are not eligible to apply for the IITs.

To be eligible for the IITs you have to pass your intermediate with Science stream as the
exam is based on physics, chemistry and maths of 10+2 level.

You can do BCA from any private or govt. college if you have interest in computers.
13th June 2019, 10:57 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

JEE is conducted for admission in IIT.

The common eligibility to get admission in the course is that candidate must have passed 12th in PCM as main paper.

So, you are not eligible to get admission in IIT with commerce stream in std 12th.
14th June 2019, 02:40 PM
EALP EXPERT
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible to apply in the IITs after passing Intermediate from Commerce stream. The required eligibility is that the candidate should have passed 12th class with science stream from a recognized university. My suggestion to you is that you can apply for the admission in other private colleges rather than IIT because 12th commerce student is not eligible for the IIT course.
14th June 2019, 11:29 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

IITs stands for Indian Institute of Technology. The minimum academic required to apply for admission in engineering course is 12th passed from a recognized board with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.

Commerce stream candidates are not eligible for engineering courses. Only science stream candidate with PCM subjects are eligible for engineering course.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?