13th July 2017, 05:03 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to apply for LLB course after clearing intermediate with 75 percentage through compartment exam?

I am 19 yrs old and I am very interested to be a lawyer. I passed intermediate with above 75% marks but I wrote a compartment in maths in my SSC exam. So, am I eligible to apply for LLB course or not? Can you please give me the details on the same? Thanks!

15th July 2017, 12:21 AM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for LLB course after clearing intermediate with 75 percentage through compartment exam?

LLB refers to Bachelor of Legislative Law and it is a professional bachelor degree course after completing which one heads towards becoming a lawyer.

Having cleared your Class 12th through Compartmental examination with 75% marks you are eligible for pursuing LLB degree course of five years as for pursuing the same course all that is required is a higher secondary school degree i.e; intermediate degree from a recognized board of education.

Further for pursuing the same degree course from NLUs or other Central Universities like BHU, DU, etc. you need to appear and qualify entrance examinations like CLAT, BHU UET, DU LLB entrance examination.
15th July 2017, 06:32 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for LLB course after clearing intermediate with 75 percentage through compartment exam?

If you have passed your compartment examination of 12th then there is no problem, you can apply for entrance exam conducted for admission in Bachelor's degree in law. CLAT is conducted by National Law University for admission in Bachelor's degree in law. CLAT stands for Common Law Admission test.

The eligibility criteria for this exam is that candidate must have complete 12th with minimum of 45% marks. For reserved category candidates, there is relaxation of 5% in marks.

By securing good rank in this exam, you can get admission in LLB in top law universities of India.
15th July 2017, 09:11 AM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

The admission in Bachelor's degree in law is given through entrance exam called Common Law Admission Test.

Eligibility criteria for CLAT exam:

Academic qualification: You must have completed 10+2 from a recognized board.

Minimum percentage of marks required to apply for CLAT exam is 45%.

You must be minimum of 17 years.

You can apply for Bachelor of Law course after clearing compartment examination in mathematics in intermediate exam.
15th July 2017, 02:41 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Students after 12th who wants to join Bachelor of Law can apply for Common Law Admission Test. The eligibility criteria for CLAT entrance exam for admission in LLB:

*Senior Secondary board passed or appearing with minimum of 45% marks in board exams of 12th.

If you have passed in compartment examination of Mathematics then you can apply for CLAT exam for admission in LLB course.
15th July 2017, 07:50 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

LLB refers to Bachelor of legislative law and it is undergraduate degree course after pursuing which one heads towards becoming a lawyer.

The minimum educational qualification required for pursuing LLB degree course is a higher secondary school degree in any discipline with at least 45% marks ( or 40% marks in case of SC/ST and PH category candidates ) from a recognized board of examination.

Further I would like to let you know that if you pursue LLB degree course after your higher secondary school degree then in this the duration of LLB course will be five years which will be 3 years for students who opts for the same course after completion of their graduation from a recognized university.

So having cleared your intermediate degree (i.e; higher secondary school degree) with 75% marks even through Compartmental examination you are eligible to pursue LLB degree course as all that required for pursuing the same degree course is a higher secondary school degree.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?