13th June 2018, 04:31 PM
Hiiirrra

Am I eligible for B.Tech after completion of B.Sc in Math, Physics and Electronics?

I'm pursuing my B.Sc with majors in Physics, Mathematics and Electronics. Can I do B.Tech in Civil Engineering after completing my B.Sc? Will I have to face any entrance exam also?

14th June 2018, 01:27 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for B.Tech after completion of B.Sc in Math, Physics and Electronics?

B.Tech stands for Bachelor of Technology and same is a professional undergraduate degree course of four years after completing which a candidate head towards becoming an engineer.

Further, the minimum education required for pursuing B.Tech degree course is a higher secondary school degree with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as main subjects from a recognized board of education.

Now as far as you are concerned about your eligibility for pursuing B.Tech degree course after your B.Sc degree then as mentioned above the eligibility for B.Tech degree course is based on the subjects at Class 12th level which you surely satisfy as you have pursued B.Sc. with Physics, Mathematics and Electronics as major subjects and therefore you are eligible to apply for B.tech degree course.
14th June 2018, 05:40 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for B.Tech after completion of B.Sc in Math, Physics and Electronics?

In order to pursue Bachelor's degree in technology, you must meet following criteria:

You must have done senior secondary board examination with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. If you have studied these subjects in 12th then you can apply for B.Tech course and its entrance exam.

After Bachelor's degree in Science, you can apply for Lateral Entry Entrance Test for admission in second year of engineering if you have 60% marks or more in it. You can also apply for state level engineering entrance exam.
14th June 2018, 09:11 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

To get admission in B.Tech in Civil engineering course the required eligibility is that :-

Candidate must have passed 12th from a recognised board.

Candidate must have passed 12th in PCM ( Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics ).

So, you are eligible to get admission in the course on the basis of your 12th qualification.
15th June 2018, 09:05 AM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

The educational qualification required for Bachelor of Technology is senior secondary board passed or appearing with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. Joint Entrance Examination is entrance exam for admission in B.Tech in IITs and NITs. But there are limited continuous attempts for JEE Main and Advanced after 12th.

As you have done bachelor's degree, your attempts are already over. B.Sc candidates if they have 60% marks or more can apply for LEET for admission in B.Tech. You can also apply for State level engineering exam or private college entrance exam.
15th June 2018, 09:18 AM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

The eligibility criteria for Bachelor of Technology course:

1. 12th passed from a recognized board with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subject. Board appearing candidates can also apply for engineering entrance exams.

B.Sc candidates can get admission in Bachelor of Technology through:

Lateral Entry Entrance Test.

State Engineering Entrance exams.

Private institute exam.

To get admission in second year of B.Tech, you can apply for LEET exam. But for LEET, you must have secured at least 60% marks in bachelor's degree. You may take direct admission based on PCM percentage if you can not clear entrance exam.
15th June 2018, 09:57 AM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

There is no lateral entry option for candidates to get admission in B.Tech course after bachelor degree in science.

The eligibility to get admission in B.Tech course is candidate must have Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics in 12th.

So, if you have above qualification then eligible to appear in examination for admission in B.Tech.
15th June 2018, 01:38 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

You are eligible for Bachelor of Technology after completion of Bachelor of Science in Mathematics, Physics and Electronics.

There are two options for you. First option is that, you can take admission in B.Tech based on percentage of marks in 12th in first year of engineering. Second option is to appear for Lateral Entry Entrance Test and clear it to get admission in second year of engineering.

You should have minimum of 60% marks in B.Sc to apply for LEET exam.
15th June 2018, 03:45 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

B.Tech stands for Bachelor of technology and as the name suggests same is an undergraduate technical degree course of four years.

The minimum education required for pursuing B.Tech degree course is a higher secondary school degree with Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry as main subjects with at least 45% marks from a recognized board of education. Students holding diploma in engineering degree holder are also eligible.

Now, as you have mentioned that you are a student of B.Sc degree course with Physics, Mathematics and Electronics as major subjects which means you must have opted for science stream with PCM group at your Class 12th level and therefore you are eligible to pursue B.Tech degree course as you satisfy the minimum education requirement for the same degree course ( provided that you have managed at least 45% marks in your Class 12th).
15th June 2018, 05:51 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

You are eligible for Bachelor of Technology course after completion of Bachelor of Science in Mathematics, Physics and Electronics.

B.Sc and diploma candidates are eligible for Lateral Entry Entrance Test. To apply for LEET exam, you should have minimum of 60% marks in bachelor of science. LEET gives your opportunity to get admission directly in second year of engineering.

If you are not able to clear LEET then you can get admission based on percentage of marks in 12th PCM subjects.
17th June 2018, 01:26 AM
sha2nk90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiiirrra View Post
I'm pursuing my B.Sc with majors in Physics, Mathematics and Electronics. Can I do B.Tech in Civil Engineering after completing my B.Sc? Will I have to face any entrance exam also?
Yes, you can pursue the B.Tech in civil engineering. The minimum educational qualification required for applying to B.tech course, you need to pass 10+2. since you are pursuing, means you have passed 10+2 examination. So, yes you are eligible to apply for B.Tech degree course in your desired stream.

As far as Entrance examination for getting admission to the course is concerned, you will have to sit in the examination if the institution/college/university takes admission on the basis of the entrance test. If there is no entrance test for the admission in the respective institution, you can take admission over there on the basis of your 10+2 passing certificate.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?