28th August 2011, 07:59 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for CAT exam after scoring 66.5% in B.Com 1st year and 48.5% in B.Com 2nd year?

Am i eligible for cat exam if i got 66.5 percent marks in b.com 1st year and 48.5 percent marks in b.com 2nd year

29th August 2011, 07:20 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for CAT exam after scoring 66.5% in B.Com 1st year and 48.5% in B.Com 2nd year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Am i eligible for cat exam if i got 66.5 percent marks in b.com 1st year and 48.5 percent marks in b.com 2nd year
CAT (Common Admission Test) Eligiblity -

>> CAT Stands for Common Admission test and this examination was conducted by IIM's Every year, For this year examination notification was already Updated in the Official CAT Website.

>> And If you are Interested in Management Course and want to do MBA in future then please apply and Cracked this examination with Good Percentile and then you will get admission in Top Business schools.

>> To apply for this examination you need to be a graduate in any discipline form a recognised university, Final year Graduate candidates are also apply for this examination, So when you are Pursuing your Final year graduate degree course then you are eligible to apply for CAT Examination.

>> To apply for CAT Examination, You must have scored minimum 50% marks in your graduation, Only then you are eligible to apply for this examination, Since you have completed your 2Nd Year course then you are eligible for CAT Examination.

>> The examination was Going to be held on this year, eligible candidates may apply for this examination because the registration process was already started, The last date of apply for CAT Examination was 28/Sep/2011 and the entrance examination will be started from Saturday, 22 October 2011 to Friday, 18 November 2011.

>> The examination fees of CAT Examination was Rs 1600 and the duration of the examination was 1 hour and 10 minutes.

>> So, If you are Interested in CAT Examination, then please apply for this examination Online and If you want to get More Information then please check the CAT Official website -

http://www.catiim.in
29th August 2011, 07:45 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for CAT exam after scoring 66.5% in B.Com 1st year and 48.5% in B.Com 2nd year?

Quote:
dear friend,

Common admission test will be held between 22nd October to 18th November of 2011.

The students,who have completed the graduation degree with minimum 50% from any recognized university .

Also who studying their final year graduation degree are also eligible for CAT exam.

For the SC & ST students 5% exception there in percentage of marks in degree.So if they have 45% in graduation are eligible for CAT exam.

Your graduation marks is above 50% so you are eligible for CAT exam.

All the best.
29th August 2011, 08:17 PM
nitz90
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
u should be a graduate with a minimum percentage of 50% aggregate in ur graduation..then u are eligible to give the cat exam..so keep ur percentage above 50..all the best
29th August 2011, 09:27 PM
Mannu2525

Dear,
In CAT your cumulative percentage is taken into account. If you have a confidence that you can get 50% (Aggregate) till the very end of your B.Com then you are eligible for the CAT examination.

CAT is a exam that is conducted by IIMs every year for admission in IIMs and other MBA colleges. IIMs eligibility is quite clear. If you have 50% in your graduation, then only you are eligible for the exam.

Examination pattern of CAT
CAT have 2 section. First one contain Quant and Data Interpretation where Second section includes verbal ability and Logical reasoning. Each section is given a definite time span of 70 minutes.

Duration of examination : 2 hour and 30 minutes (Additional 20 minutes is given to read instruction given in online written test)

IMPORTANT DATES REGARDING CAT 2012
Fees of Application form : Rs. 1600 for General Candidates.
Last Date of Registration : 28 September 2011
Dates of Examination window : 22 October to 18 Nov. 2011

GOOD LUCK

With Regards,
~Manvendra~
29th August 2011, 09:35 PM
rana2011
Banned

To apply for this examination you have to be a graduate in any discipline form a recognised university, Final year Graduate candidates are also apply for this examination, So when you are Pursuing your Final year graduate degree course then you are eligible to apply for CAT Examination.

And You must have scored minimum 50% marks in your graduation, Only then you are eligible to apply for this examination, Since you have completed your 2Nd Year course then you are eligible for CAT Examination.

Thanks!!
29th August 2011, 10:32 PM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
CAT exam is an entrance exam for MBA course which is conducted by IIM's every year..
Eligibility criteria for CAT exam:-

*The candidate must have complete the graduation in any trade from a recognized university.
*The candidate should have 50% aggregate throughout the graduation..
*The candidate can appear in CAT exam during the final year or after the graduation course..
Year wise marks percentage is not granted, you must have all over 50% marks in you graduation..
As you have already completed the 2 year of B.Com course, then you can appear in CAT exam..
So, prepare for the exam, as CAT exam is one of the toughest exam..
If you really want to crack the exam then you must have a large stock of vocabulary to perform well in english section, beside this you have to take preparation to solve mathematical questions....
Work hard, and try to crack the exam..
All the best..
30th August 2011, 12:10 AM
solution
Senior Member++++

hello dear

no. you will not be eligiable to get into admission with scoring 66.5% in B.Com 1st year and 48.5% in B.Com 2nd year in CAT exam.

as CAT score is valid only for 1 year.

so your 1st and 2nd year percentile will not be effective to get admission in MBA college.

but your 3rd year CAT percentile will be effective to get admission in MBA college.

so prepare for the next CAT exam.

all the best.............
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?