26th August 2022, 09:32 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for CSIR Net life science exam?

I am agriculture student, I have completed msc agriculture ( genetics and plant breeding) am I eligible for csir net life science?

27th August 2022, 11:20 AM
Msdhoni02

Default Re: Am I eligible for CSIR Net life science exam?

Eligibility:

1. You must have a degree in B.Pharma or BE or B. Tech or MSc or MBBS or Integrated BS-MS or any other science degree with at least 55% marks.

2. Candidates who have done B.Sc or if they are pursuing the Integrated MS-PhD program and have got a minimum 55% marks then they are eligible to apply.

3. Candidates who have completed graduation from a science or engineering background can also get the fellowship, provided they register for Ph.D. or Ph.D. integrated program within two years.
28th August 2022, 11:51 AM
ashishboudha
Senior Member+++++

Candidates should have obtained a degree in BTech/BE/BPharma/MBBS/BS (four years)/Integrated BS-MS/MSc with a minimum of 55 per cent marks for General (UR)/General-EWS and OBC (50 per cent for SC/ST, Third gender and PwD). To apply for CSIR NET JRF, candidates should be maximum of 28 years of age.
28th August 2022, 10:56 PM
cookie1902
Senior Member+++++

The eligibility for the CSIR NET Life Science examination is a candidate must have done their master's degree in Life Science only from a recognized university. A candidate must have passed their master's degree with a minimum score of 55% marks from a recognized university.

The candidate must be an Indian citizen. The maximum age limit for a Joint Research Fellowship is 28 years as of 1st January 2022. The upper age limit may be relaxed up to 5 years for reserved category candidates.
29th August 2022, 12:46 AM
piya1617
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are qualified to sit for the CSIR net exam for Life Sciences as you have completed master's degree in agriculture. Candidates who have achieved a master's degree from an accredited institution are eligible to take the CSIR NET exam.
30th August 2022, 05:34 PM
Dineshkumar1907
Senior Member++

The applicant must have a degree in B. Pharma or BE or B. Tech or MSc or MBBS or Integrated BS-MS or any other science degree with at least 55% marks. 5% marks relaxation is given to candidates who belong to reserved category.

The applicant must be an Indian citizen and should be a maximum of 28 years (33 years for SC/ ST/ PwD/ female candidates and 31 years for OBC (non-creamy layer) candidates) as of July 1, 2022.
30th August 2022, 08:29 PM
shantanu bose
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible for this exam. The eligibility criteria for CSIR Net is that:-

Candidates must possess M.Sc. or equivalent degree/Integrated BS-MS/BS-4 years/BE/B Tech/B. Pharma /MBBS with at least 55% marks to be eligible to apply for the exam.
31st August 2022, 07:26 PM
Angry Girl
Senior Member+++++

You have completed msc in Agriculture (Genetics and Plant Breeding) so you are eligible for CSIR UGC NET exam.

Those candidate's who have completed masters degree with above 55% marks from a recognized university are eligible for CSIR UGC NET exam.

For JRF post, your age should be below 28 year.

Yes, you can apply for lectureship post if you have fulfilled above mentioned criteria.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?