26th August 2019, 10:45 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to do MCA after BA honors in English?

I am a Arts student and currently doing BA Honors in English then will I be able to do MCA after completion of BA English? If not, then is there any other similar computer related courses are there which I can do?

31st August 2019, 11:53 AM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to do MCA after BA honors in English?

MCA is Master in Computer Application. It is two or three year course ( varies with institutions ).

The common eligibility to get admission in the course is that candidate must have pursued in degree either Mathematics or Computer subject. Minimum required aggregate in bachelor degree varies with institutes.

So, being B.A in English you are not eligible to get admission in the course or other computer related course.
31st August 2019, 01:49 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

The full form of MCA stands for Master of Computer Application.

The minimum academic qualification required for MCA course is bachelor's degree in science, computer science, computer application, engineering or technology etc from a recognized university.

Bachelor of Arts candidates can not apply for MCA course. You need to pursue BCA course to become eligible for MCA.
31st August 2019, 04:41 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

MCA is Master in Computer Application. The minimum eligibility to get admission in the course is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree from a recognised university with Mathematics or Computer as one of the subject in bachelor degree.

So, with B.A in English you are not eligible to appear in examination for admission in the course and not eligible to get admission in other computer related course in master degree.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?