29th August 2019, 03:39 PM
Unregistered

Is there any reservation for OBC candidates in Indian Navy?

I have completed my 12th with Minimum Competency Vocational Courses (MCVC). But, I want to join Indian Navy now. I have scored 40% in English and I belong to OBC caste category. So, am I eligible to join Indian Navy? Any reservation or relaxation for OBC candidates?

31st August 2019, 04:17 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is there any reservation for OBC candidates in Indian Navy?

There is no case of reservation in Defence services. It is neither available for Army nor Indian Air Force nor Navy.

The minimum requirement for NDA examination for Navy is that you must have done 12th from a recognized board with PCM as compulsory subjects.

Only science stream with PCM candidates can apply for Navy through NDA exam.
31st August 2019, 04:44 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is there any reservation for OBC candidates in Indian Navy?

There is no relaxation or reservation in Indian Navy for the reserved category.

So, you will not get any relaxation on the basis of your caste. For joining Indian Navy after std 12th it is mandatory to have passed std 12th in Physics and Mathematics.

So, you are not eligible to join the service as you do not have the required qualification for the same.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?