30th September 2016, 04:14 PM
R. KANGALAKSHMI

Am I eligible for getting promotion as an Assistant Lecturer?

I am a candidate who has completed M.A. (History) in Annamalai Open University and have not completed B.A. (History). Whether am i eligible for getting promotion as Assistant Lecturer.

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible for lecturer promotion after completing MSc mathematics
  2. How to get promotion from Lecturer to Senior Lecturer post?
  3. After passing 10th and ITI 2 years course with 70% am I eligible for Junior Assistant Promotion?
  4. How to enter into Assistant Professor or lecturer field? I have completed BSc Biochemistry with 64%
  5. Can a MSc electronics passout candidate be eligible for physics lecturer or assistant professor in government colleges
  6. Am I eligible for lecturer in any engineering college after completing MCA -- [Most Discussed]
  7. Am i eligible for the post of assistant professor in government aided colleges? I am working as a lecturer under self finance scheme in B.Ed college
  8. What are the jobs available to get after completion of graduation in Political science honors?
  9. How to apply for lecturer post after completing graduation?
  10. Am I eligible for the post of lecturer in government polytechnic colleges
  11. If a candidate has passed NET exam after training is he eligible for government lecturer/Assistant professor job?
  12. List of universities offering M.Tech through correspondence? Is completing M.Tech from Karnataka state open university beneficial for promotion as H.O.D?
  13. Is there any promotion option from Junior assistant to school librarian in government high school in Tamilnadu? Is there any promotional exam available to me?
  14. Job opportunities are available in private or government colleges?
  15. Salary of Ph.D Geography of Professor?
  16. Will I be able to become a Lecturer or Assistant Professor after doing Master degree through distance education?
  17. How to do Ph.D in Chemistry being a College lecturer?
  18. Am I eligible to become lecturer in degree college after PG computer science with 52.2%? -- [New]
30th September 2016, 11:45 PM
kaushikprince
Senior Member++

Default Re: Am I eligible for getting promotion as an Assistant Lecturer?

To become Assistant Professor, you need to qualify NET examination.
NET stands for National Eligibility Test.
CBSE conducts NET examination on behalf of UGC(University Grant Commission).

Candidates who have completed their Master degree securing more than 55% marks from any recognized university are eligible to appear in NET for Assistant Professor as there is no maximum age limit to appear in it.
Candidate should appear in subject of their post graduation only if that subject in the list of subject published by CBSE.
History is in list of subjects.

Also, you have completed Master degree. So, you are eligible to appear in NET.
You should appear in NET 2017 as NET 2016 was conducted by CBSE on 10th July 2016.
Registration process for NET starts in month of April which ends in month of May.
As usual NET examination will be conducted in month of July.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?