30th September 2011, 04:38 PM
Sabiha Fatimi

Am I eligible to give the Bank PO exam after passing BCA with distance?

I am doing BCA last year from distance education learning centre.Am i eligible of giving the bank PO exam as i am studying from distance education(PTU)

Related Questions:
  1. Will I be eligible for Bank PO exam after passing graduation(BCA) from PTU distance education program with 1st class
  2. Am I eligible to appear for Bank, SSC and Railway Exams after completion of BCA course in Distance Learning?
  3. Is a BCA(distance education) pursuing candidate eligible for bank PO? List of Government sectors can be applied by the candidate
  4. Can BCA(Distance) students give SSC exam?
  5. Am I eligible for Kashmir Administrative Service Exam after passing BCA through distance mode? -- [Most Discussed]
  6. Detailed information, subjects enlisted and list of BCA colleges in India? Eligibility to apply for Bank PO exams after completing BCA?
  7. Am I eligible for Probationary Examination after passing BCA with 51%? List of banks in which I am eligible?
  8. Am I eligible to give SSC Exam being a candidate having completed BCA from a Distance Learning Institute?
  9. Can I be eligible for GATE exam after completing BCA with 8.5 CGPA?
  10. Am I eligible for Bank Jobs or any other government job after passing 12th board with 51% and BCA?
  11. Will I be eligible for admission if my BCA degree is of Distance Education?
  12. Will I be eligible for MCA entrance test of Pune University if I did BCA through distance learning?
  13. Am i eligible for MSc computer science? I have completed BCA through distance education
  14. Can I go for bank exam after passing BCA? What is the procedure for it?
  15. Am I eligible to study MCA in Abroad being a Distance BCA student? -- [New]
  16. List of colleges offering MCA course at regular level for students who did BCA through distance learning?
  17. Will it be a problem for me to appear for Bank PO Exams being a candidate having completed BCA and did not have Mathematics in 10+2?
  18. Can I be eligible for UPSC exam after scoring 54$ in 10th, 63% in 12th and 65% in BCA?
16th January 2012, 09:18 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to give the Bank PO exam after passing BCA with distance?

You have not mention about your percentage of marks in your last qualifying exam in order to appear for any bank Probationary officer exam.Basically a graduate in any discipline from any recognized university or other institutions to be deemed as a University with 60% marks,age limit – not above 26 yrs are eligible.And the selection procedure generally will be byWritten test and Personal Interview.There is negative marking for written exam.
17th January 2012, 07:03 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to give the Bank PO exam after passing BCA with distance?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabiha Fatimi View Post
I am doing BCA last year from distance education learning centre.Am i eligible of giving the bank PO exam as i am studying from distance education(PTU)
Firstly, it is not mentioned in the notification that only Regular candidates are eligible to apply for Bank PO Recruitment examination.

So, Please do not worry, if you have completed your Graduate degree course in any discipline in distance learning University and if your University is recognized then you are eligible to apply for Bank PO Recruitment examination.

Many Banks Conducted his Own Bank PO Recruitment examination and the eligibility criteria are also vary from Banks to Banks.

But Graduation is the minimum eligibility criteria to apply for Bank PO Examination.

There is no minimum percentage is required to apply for SBI and IBPS Examination.

For IBPS Examination : Your age should between 20 to 30 years.
For SBI Bank Examination : Your age should between 21 to 30 years.

If you apply for Private Bank PO Examination then for this you have to scored more than 55% marks in your Graduation and your age should not be more than 25 Years.

The Proper Educational Qualification and Age Eligibility Criteria is mentioned in the Notification.

So, please wait for the Notification and then apply for Bank PO Examination Online, So please start preparing for the examination, the examination is Objective as well as descriptive type, So please check the previous year Notifications to get the information about examination Pattern.
17th January 2012, 07:09 PM
Ravikanth2027
Senior Member+++++

any degree with 60% marks to eligibile to the Bank Po's entrance examination
and age limit : 21 to 30 years
17th January 2012, 07:29 PM
anlakshmi

It is not mentioned in the notification that only regular candidates are applicable to apply for Bank PO Recruitment Examination.

If you have to complete your graduation in any discipline in distance learning university is recognized then you are eligible to apply for Bank PO Recruitment Examination.

The Eligibility for Bank PO Examination:

Qualification:

The candidate must have to complete graduation with 55% from a recognized university.

Age Criteria:

The age should be in between 20 to 30 years for IBPS Examination.

The age should be in between 21 to 30 years for SBI Examination.

For more information please visit the official web sites.
17th January 2012, 08:55 PM
jacobs
Senior Member++++

Dear friend,
You are eligible for BANK PO exam.

If you are interested in BANK PO examination
Then you will have to fulfill these criteria :

Criteria for IBPS PO :

1.Academic qualification :
the candidate should complete graduation with at least 50% marks.
2.Age limitation :
The age of the candidate must be within 21 to 30 years.

BOOKS :

For more details you can see these attachments below :
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Bank PO Sample Paper.pdf(1.00 MB, 130 views)
File Type: pdf BANK_PO_Mock_TEST.pdf(205.4 KB, 148 views)
6th February 2012, 02:50 PM
unagi

For the banks exams the education qualification is given below:
For the clerical exam the candidate have 12th class with minimum 50% marks for the general and 45% marks for the SC/ST candidates.
And age should be between 18 to 28 years and there is relaxation for the SC/St and OBC candidates.
For the PO exam the candidate must have graduation with minimum 50% marks
And age should be between 21 to 30 years and there is relaxation of SC/ST and OBC candidates.
6th February 2012, 04:14 PM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
Yes, my friend you are eligible for BANK PO exam after completion of BCA..

Eligibility for BANK PO exam:-

1.Candidate has to complete the graduation in any trade from a recognized university.

2.Final year candidates can also apply for BANK PO exams..

3.Candidate has to secure 60% aggregate through out the career.
For SC/ST the required aggregate percentage is 55%..

4.Age should be in between 21-35 years.
For SC/ST the upper age relaxation is 5 years and for OBC the upper age relaxation is 3 years.

5.Candidate must be computer literate.

6.Candidate should be a citizen of India.

These are the eligibility criteria you have to fulfill.
So, go for it, you are surely eligible for it..
All the best.
6th February 2012, 04:40 PM
Oracle 9
Senior Member++

It is does not matter that how you have done your BCA unless the university is recognized by GOVT.If you have done your BCA from the institutions /universities those are recognized by GOVT than even if the BCA is from distance education you become eligible provided you fulfill following condition.

Eligibility for apply in the bank

A.Graduation from recognized university with at least 55% to 60% marks.(There is relaxation for SC/ST/OBC upto 5% marks)

B.age-between 21 to 30.(There is relaxation of upto 5 yrs For sc/st/obc)

The 3 stages of govt BANK PO recruitment process are written examination,interview and basic fitness level.

Entrance Examination cover the topics of English language,Reasoning,Quantitative Aptitude, Computers AND general awareness.

if you will clear the entrance examination than you will be called for interview.

After clearing the all the stages of recruitment you will get the job.
6th February 2012, 05:25 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabiha Fatimi View Post
You have completed BCA degree through Distance mode.SO if your distance university is approved by UGC then you are eligible for BANK PO exam otherwise not.

Now in India 17 bank recruit the PO through IBPS exam.Those candidate have completed graduation with any stream with any percentage are applicable for IBPS PO exam.

The candidate age should be in between 21 to 34 years.Age relaxation is provide only for reserved category as per govt rule.

The selection process for this exam 1)Written Test 2)Personal Interview.

For more details you can visit to http://www.ibps.org/

The other way is SBI PO exam.This exam conduct own process for SBI.

Those candidate have completed graduation from recognized university are applicable for SBI PO exam.

But your age must be in between 20 to 30 years.Age relaxation is provide only for SC/ST/OBC candidate .For Sc/ST candidate have age relaxation is 5 years and for OBC candidate it is 3 years.

For more details about SBI exam click the link http://www.statebankofindia.com/

21st May 2012, 04:57 PM
Unregistered

Am i eligible for apply calicut entrance after completing BCA through in bharathiar university
12th August 2012, 05:10 PM
subhangnambardar
Senior Member+

Firstly, it is not mentioned in the notification that only Regular candidates are eligible to apply for Bank PO Recruitment examination.

So, Please do not worry, if you have completed your Graduate degree course in any discipline in distance learning University and if your University is recognized then you are eligible to apply for Bank PO Recruitment examination.

Many Banks Conducted his Own Bank PO Recruitment examination and the eligibility criteria are also vary from Banks to Banks.

But Graduation is the minimum eligibility criteria to apply for Bank PO Examination.

There is no minimum percentage is required to apply for SBI and IBPS Examination.

If you apply for Private Bank PO Examination then for this you have to scored more than 55% marks in your Graduation and your age should not be more than 25 Years.

tha
12th August 2012, 05:12 PM
subhangnambardar
Senior Member+

Thank you
12th August 2012, 05:15 PM
subhangnambardar
Senior Member+

You have completed BCA degree through Distance mode.SO if your distance university is approved by UGC then you are eligible for BANK PO exam otherwise not.

Now in India 17 bank recruit the PO through IBPS exam.Those candidate have completed graduation with any stream with any percentage are applicable for IBPS PO exam.

AGE- 21 to 30 years.

Those candidate have completed graduation from recognized university are applicable for SBI PO exam.

For more details about SBI exam click the link http://www.statebankofindia.com/
12th August 2012, 09:31 PM
vidh
Senior Member+

hello,

AGE- 21 to 30 years.

For more details about SBI exam click the link http://www.statebankofindia.com/ 12th August 2012 04:12 PM

regards
vidh
12th August 2012, 10:02 PM
yogesh8955347778

Thumbs up Re: Am I eligible to give the Bank PO exam after passing BCA with distance?

You have not mention about your percentage of marks in your last qualifying exam in order to appear for any bank Probationary officer exam.Basically a graduate in any discipline from any recognized university or other institutions to be deemed as a University with 60% marks,age limit – not above 26 yrs are eligible.And the selection procedure generally will be byWritten test and Personal Interview.There is negative marking for written exam.

AGE- 21 to 30 years.

12th August 2012, 10:09 PM
yogesh8955347778

13th August 2012, 12:55 AM
randeephooda.2012

Hi dear,

It is not mentioned in the notification that only regular candidates are applicable to apply for Bank PO Recruitment Examination.

If you have to complete your graduation in any discipline in distance learning university is recognized then you are eligible to apply for Bank PO Recruitment Examination.

The Eligibility for Bank PO Examination:

Qualification:

The candidate must have to complete graduation with 55% from a recognized university.

Age Criteria:

The age should be in between 20 to 30 years for IBPS Examination.

The age should be in between 21 to 30 years for SBI Examination.

For more information please visit the official web sites.
Thanks
27th June 2013, 04:21 PM
Unregistered

am i eligible to give the bank po exam if my first and third year are clear but i have one re-app in my second year
26th February 2014, 08:51 PM
Unregistered

I just want to know will it make any difference in getting a government job if i am passed out from ignou?does distance learning valued less on getting these kind of jobs?
22nd April 2014, 07:00 PM
Unregistered

sir,am i eligible for write all state and central government jobs after passing bcom in distance education?
26th July 2014, 04:06 PM
Unregistered

Sir, am i eligible for bank clerk/P.O or IBPS, as i have done my graduation from sikkim manipal university in distance & passed with 68 % and my age is 26.
Sir, please replay soon, as i am in lots of confusion.
26th July 2014, 04:09 PM
Unregistered

Sir, am i eligible for bank clerk/P.O or IBPS, as i have done my graduation from sikkim manipal university in distance & passed with 68 % and my age is 26.
Sir, please replay soon, as i am in lots of confusion.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?