24th December 2012, 11:52 AM
hardworker11

Am I eligible to give CPT exam after passing B.Com H with 45% aggregate?

Hi ,
I want to know whether i am eligible to give CPT exam,I have passed b.com(h) with 45% aggregate in 4 years(missed one year in between).I have scored 85% in 12th board.

23rd March 2013, 08:44 PM
Mr Rohit

Default Re: Am I eligible to give CPT exam after passing B.Com H with 45% aggregate?

Comprehensive Proficiency Test(CPT)
CPT Exam is held twice a year in the month of June and December.
To be eligible to appear for CPT Exam, a student should have registered 2 months prior to the month in which the Exam is scheduled to be held.
Therefore, to appear for June Exams – A student should have applied for CPT Registration before 1st April and
To be eligible to appear for December Exams – A student should have applied for CPT Registration before 1st October.
To be eligible to appear for CPT Exams, a student should have cleared/appeared for Class XII Exams.
There is no condition regarding the minimum marks that should be scored in Class XII Exams and everyone who has cleared the same is eligible to apply for CPT Exams.

Note:CPT Exemption for Graduates has been accepted by the Govt of India and Commerce Graduates with 55% and above and Non-Commerce Graduates with 60% and above are exempted from appearing for CPT.

CPT Exemption for Graduates

Common Proficiency Test (CPT) shall be exempted for the following candidates:

(I) Any Commerce Graduates/Post-Graduates who has studied any 3 full papers of 100 marks each out of
Accounting
Auditing
Mercantile Laws
Corporate Laws
Economics
Management including Financial Management
Income Tax Laws
Indirect Tax Laws
Costing
Business Administration
Management Accounting
And passed the Graduate/Post-Graduate Examination by securing an aggregate of minimum of 55% of the total marks or its equivalent grade from any recognized Universities including Open Universities is exempted from appearing for CPT and can directly appear for the next level i.e. CA Intermediate (Name Changed from CA IPCC to CA Intermediate)

(II) Any other Graduate/Post-Graduate not falling in the above category (i.e. Non-Commerce Graduates) who has passed the Graduation/Post-Graduation examination by securing an aggregate of minimum of 60% of the total marks in the examination or its equivalent grade from any recognized Universities including Open Universities can also avail of the CPT Exemption

(III) Any Candidate who has passed the Intermediate level examination conducted by the Institute of Cost Accountants of India (ICAI) or by the Institute of Company Secretaries of India (ICSI) is also exempted from appearing for CPT.

Good Luck!!!
3rd May 2013, 01:02 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Am I eligible to give CPT exam after passing B.Com H with 45% aggregate?

i scored 49.94 in graduation in b.com honour .. am i eligibli for ipcc exam
26th July 2013, 08:45 PM
Unregistered

am securing 50% of marks in recognized university can i apply for c.a intermediate course
27th July 2013, 05:39 AM
tash1907
Senior Member+++++

Hi Friend.....................

CPT :- Common Proficiency Test . It's an entry level Examination for CA course . This Examination is conducted by Institute of Charted Accountant of India .

Eligibility criteria :-

You should be complete Senior Secondary Examination 10th or 12th or equivalent examination in any discipline with 55% percentage of marks from recognized university . There is no age limit for apply for CPT Examination .

The Examination is conducted by the mode of Paper-Pencil mode Examination .

The CPT Examination consist of objective type questions . This Examination having Negative marking . So you will take special care for attempting the Examination .

You may apply for the examination in both the online as well as offline .

Syllabus for CPT Examination :-

-Fundamentals of Accounting
-Mercantile Laws
-General Economics
-Quantitative Aptitude
27th July 2013, 05:29 PM
josh98
Senior Member+++++

Hi friend............

CPT stands for Common Professional Test.

Eligibility Criteria:

You should be complete Senior Secondary Examination 10th or 12th or equivalent examination in any discipline with 55% percentage of marks from recognized university .

There is no age limit for apply for CPT Examination.

The Examination is conducted by the mode of Paper-Pencil mode Examination.

The CPT Examination consist of objective type questions.

This Examination having Negative marking.

So you will take special care for attempting the Examination .

You may apply for the examination in both the online as well as offline .

Syllabus:

Fundamentals of Accounting

General Economics

Mercantile Laws

Quantitative Aptitude

All the best......
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?