12th March 2013, 11:01 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for IFS entrance exam after doing graduation in Biotechnology?

I have done my graduation in biotechnology...but I had botany, zoology, biochemistry, biostatistics, biophysics, biophysics...am I eligible for the ifs exam????

13th March 2013, 08:01 AM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for IFS entrance exam after doing graduation in Biotechnology?

hi,

IFS exam stands for Indian forest service.

IFS exam is conducted by upsc.

you are eligible for IFS exam.

IFS EXAM ELIGIBILITY;-

----you must be passed a bachelor degree from a recognized university in the following branch;-

Animal husbandry and veterinary science

botany

zoology

chemistry

math

physics

stat

degree in agricultural, forestry or its equivalent..

---general age limit is 21-3o years.

````you must be Indian citizen.

for more,
www.upsc.gov.in
13th March 2013, 08:12 AM
sanj69
Senior Member+

Default Re: Am I eligible for IFS entrance exam after doing graduation in Biotechnology?

IFS - Indian Forest Service, to become an IFS officer one has to crack Civil Service Exam conducted by UPSC once every year. As you are pursing Graduation in Biotechnology, after completion of which you can apply for IFS, Civil Service Exam.

The eligible candidate must be an Indian national having either appear for the final Graduation degree exam or pass with Biotechnology/Botany, Zoology, Chemistry/Forestry/Animal Husbandry etc. from a recognised University within the age of 21 to 30 years with upper age relaxation for reserved candidate with good Physical Fitness, is eligible to apply for IFS.

For more information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in
13th March 2013, 10:34 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Dear Friend

IFS stands for the Indian Foreign services as well as Indian Forest services.From your query it is not sure that for what you want eligibility criteria either for forest services or for foreign services.

Let me tell you one thing that for Foreign services,you just need to appear for the Civil services examinations for which you are eligible after graduation in biotechnology.

UPSC conducts separate exam for the Indian forest services with following eligibility criteria:

>>Bachelor's degree in any discipline with at least one of the subjects must be present in your bachelor's degree :

1.Animal husbandry

2.Veterinary science

3.Botany

4.Zoology

5.Chemistry,physics ,mathematics,statistics,geology

>>Or bachelor's degree in forestery ,engineering,agriculture are eligible for the examinations.

Since you have done your bachelor's degree in biotechnology with botany and zoology subjects ,you are eligible for the IFS exams.

The next thing is that you should satisfy the age limits that is 21-30 years for the general category,21-33 years for obc and 21-35 for the sc/st respectively.

>>The no of attempts are also similar to civil services exams and are four for general,seven for obc and no limit for sc/st respectively.

The important dates for the IFS 2013 are to be announced later .

Hope the information helps you.

all the best

aashisranjan784
13th March 2013, 11:03 AM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

Hi dear........

IFS stands for Indian Forest Service Exam , this exam is conducted through UPSC every year.For this exam you have to appear Civil Service Exam there are certain eligibility criteria which are as follows.

**The candidates should be a graduate in any discipline from a recognize university.
**The age limit is 21 - 30 yrs.
**There is a age relaxation for reserved candidates.

For more details log on to..
http://www.upsc.gov.in

Good luck.........
13th March 2013, 11:36 AM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Hello Dude ..

I am really Sorry Say this ...

Since you are from a BIOTECHNOLOGY stream ... YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE TO APPLY FOR THE EXAM

I.E.S --- INDIAN ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICES

And the minimum age could be 21 years

Maximum age is allowed up to 30 years

You must be from

<> Mechanical

<> Civil

<> Electrical

<> ETE ...

That is it

ALL THE GOOD LUCK
13th March 2013, 11:37 AM
DKG7
Senior Member+++

Thumbs up Re: Am I eligible for IFS entrance exam after doing graduation in Biotechnology?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have done my graduation in biotechnology...but I had botany, zoology, biochemistry, biostatistics, biophysics, biophysics...am I eligible for the ifs exam????

hi friend,

IFS Stands for Indian Forest Service

A Bachelor’s degree with at least one of the subjects namely, Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics and Zoology or a Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture or Forestry or Engineering of a recognised university or equivalent are eligible for it....

Age limits :
  1. Minimum:-21 years...
  2. Maximum:-30 years ...

No.of attempts :
  1. 4 for General Candidates
  2. 7 for OBC Candidates
  3. Any time for SC/ST Candidates

I. Written Examination - Conventional (essay) type:

• Paper I - General English 300 Marks
  • Paper II - General Knowledge 300 Marks
  • Paper III, IV, V & VI - Any two subjects to be selected from the list of optional subjects set out below. Each subject will have two papers. 200
Marks for each paper
  • Total marks for written examination 1400 Marks

List of optional subjects:

• Agriculture
  • Agricultural Engineering
  • Animal Husbandary & Veterinary Science
  • Botany
  • Chemistry
  • Chemical Engineering
  • Civil Engineering
  • Forestry
  • Geology
  • Mathematics
  • Mechanical Engineering
  • Physics
  • Statistics
  • Zoology

All the best,..........
13th March 2013, 05:19 PM
Unregistered

i during pre final year in B.E EEE.. what are the govt and engineering exams available for me......
13th March 2013, 05:41 PM
aryan5107241
Senior Member+++++

Dear Friend,

IFS Stands for Indian Forest Services. The Indian Forest services Exam is conducted every year by the Union Public Service Commission for the recruitment of Forest officers.

To be eligible for IFS Exam , you should have to fulfill the below mentioned :

* You should have completed graduation in any discipline with any one of the subjects which are mentioned below :

- Zoology

- Botany

- Animal Husbandry

- Veterinary Science

- Chemistry

- Physics

- Mathematics

- Statistics

* Candidates who have dome graduation in Forestry or Agriculture or have done B.tech/B.E are also eligible.

The Age Limit :

For General Category : 21-30 years

For OBC Category : 21-33 years

For SC/ST Category : 21-35 years

Number Of Attempts :

For General Category : 4

For OBC Category : 7

For SC/ST Category : No Fixation

Since you have done graduation in Biotechnology with Botany and Zoology , you are eligible for the IFS Exam if you fulfill the age criteria.

This is the information i have to the best of my knowledge regarding your query. Hope the information will help you to the extent you want.
14th March 2013, 06:07 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can apply for IFS. Usually science graduates are considered for IFS. Selection of candidates to IFS is done by UPSC. Upper age limit for the position is 30 years. Reserved category candidates can have relaxation in age.
6th June 2013, 08:05 PM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
IFS Eligibility Criteria:-

IFS stands for Indian Forest Service. To recruit officers in the Indian Forest Service the IFS Exam is conducted by the Union Public Service Commission. In the management of the forests and wildlife of our country the IFS officers plays a crucial role.

On successfully cracking this exam for foundation training you will be sent to the Lal Bahadur Shastri National Academy. For specialized training later you will be sent to the Indira Gandhi National Forest Academy, Dehradun.

Nationality:-

You need to be a citizen of India

Educational Qualification:-

You need to complete graduation in any discipline of your choice from a recognized university.

The degree needs to be attained in any one of the following subject:- chemistry, botany, zoology, geology, statistics, veterinary science and animal husbandry.

You can also get a bachelor's degree in engineering, agriculture or forestry or you can go for a have a bachelor's degree in medicine or surgery.

Age Limit:-

Minimum Age Limit:- 21 years
Maximum Age Limit:- 30 years

Exam Pattern:-

The written exam consists of compulsory papers and optional papers. General English and General Knowledge are the two compulsory papers of 300 marks each.

There is four optional papers of 200 marks each. You need to choose two subjects for two papers each. There will be a list of fourteen subjects to choose from. For the interview session a maximum of 300 marks will be allotted.

List of Optional Subjects:-
  • Agriculture
  • Agricultural Engineering
  • Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science
  • Botany
  • Chemistry
  • Chemical Engineering
  • Civil Engineering
  • Forestry
  • Geology
  • Mathematics
  • Mechanical Engineering
  • Physics
  • Statistics
  • Zoology

Hope this helps :-> :->
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?