12th March 2012, 03:48 PM
divyanshu_raj

Am I eligible for IFS exam after passing graduation in Nautical Sciences?

Hi,

I passed my graduation in Nautical Sciences, am I eligible for IFS exams?

Related Questions:
17th March 2012, 01:37 AM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for IFS exam after passing graduation in Nautical Sciences?

Quote:
Originally Posted by divyanshu_raj View Post
Hi,

I passed my graduation in Nautical Sciences, am I eligible for IFS exams?
IFS Could refer to Indian Forest Service as well as Indian Foreign Service.
Now, since you haven't mentioned specifically, we will provide you details regarding examination for both of the services.

Indian Forest Service Exam:
To be eligible for the Indian Forest Service Examination, candidate must hold a bachelors degree in any of the following or have at least studied these subjects in the bachelor degree program:
Forestry-Agriculture-Botany-Chemistry-Geology-Mathematics-Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science.
The age limit to be considered eligible for the examination is 21-30 years, where the maximum age limit is relaxed upto 3 years for candidates from OBC category and 5 years from Sc/St category.

Indian Foreign Service Exam:
The Indian Foreign Service comes under the civil services and therefore, being a graduate, in an discipline, you are eligible to write the exam. By qualifying Civil Service Exam, you will be able to join the Indian Foreign Services.
The minimum eligible age to write the exam is 21 years.
The maximum age limit is 30 years for general category, 33 years for OBC category and 35 years for Sc/St category.

Both the examinations are conducted by Union Public Service Commission and for any more details including the notification, refer to the official website of the commission.
17th April 2012, 12:45 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Am I eligible for IFS exam after passing graduation in Nautical Sciences?

am i eligible IFS examination after passing B.Sc.(General)with Botany,Zoology and Chemistry ?
27th April 2012, 09:13 PM
Unregistered

I Have completed my graduation in M.Sc microbiology with chemistry and botany as my pass subjects.Am i eligible to sit for exam IFS-2012
3rd April 2013, 04:12 AM
Unregistered

I have Completed MBA in International business awarded by UK university, In prior to that i have also completed BBM course from Bharathiar University and i would like to give IFS examination... Am I eligible for it???

Mahesh Madhavan
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?