4th February 2012, 07:32 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for IPS after passing BSc(Fire and Safety management)?

Hai, My name is ramkumar, Tamilnadu, Trichy
I am 12th standed stadying ,my idia is ,first finish the B.sc(fire & safty management) This qualification is ealigible for IPS ?. .

12th February 2012, 12:43 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for IPS after passing BSc(Fire and Safety management)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am 12th standed stadying ,my idia is ,first finish the B.sc(fire & safty management) This qualification is ealigible for IPS ?. .
Eligibility Criteria for Civil Services Examination :
-------------------------------------------

Nice to see that you are Interested to Become IPS Officer in future and to become IPS Officer, You have to apply for the UPSC Civil services examination.

~~ This examination is also called CSAT Examination (Civil Services Aptitude test).

~~ The examination is Conducted in two parts : Preliminary examination and Main examination. Firstly you have to cracked the Preliminary examination only then you are eligible for Main examination.

~~ Preliminary Examination is Objective type and there are 2 papers in the examination and both are compulsory.

~~ Main examination is Descriptive and you have to choose the subjects on the basis of your Graduation.

~~ Those who cracked both the examination are eligible for Interview for final selection.

================================================== =========================================

~~ To apply for this examination you have to complete your Graduate degree course in any discipline from a recognised University.

~~ Final year appearing candidates are also apply for this examination

~~ Your age should between 21 to 30 years, Upper age relaxation is applicable for SC/ST/OBC Candidates

~~ There is no Minimum percentage is required to apply for this examination.

So, please prepare well for the examination and then apply for the examination.

You will get Limited attempts to cracked this examination and if you fails to cracked this examination within the given limits then you cant fill the application form again for this examination.

Number of Attempts :
--------------------

~~ For General candidates : 4 Attempts
~~ For OBC Candidates : 7 Attempts
~~ For SC/ST : No Limits.

If you need more Information then please check official website :

upsc.gov.in
12th February 2012, 12:55 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for IPS after passing BSc(Fire and Safety management)?

Quote:

Yes, If you have completed B.SC degree then you are applicable for IPS exam.

IPS exam is conducted by UPSC. There are some criteria you have to follow for appearing in IPS exam.This exam is conduct through Civil Service Exam .

Those candidate have completed graduation in any discipline from recognized university are eligible for IPS exam.

But your age should be in between 21-30years for general candidate.
In IPS exam their is provide age relaxation for OBC candidate is 3years and for SC/ST candidate is 5 years.

The maximum attempts for Sc/ST candidate is Unlimited. For OBC candidate it is 7 years and for general candidate it will be 5 years.
Also you must be citizen of India.

OPTIONALSUBJECT FOR IPS EXAM

PHYSICAL CRITERIA FOR IPS EXAM

BEST BOOKS FOR IPS EXAM:-

EXAM DATE:-

Civil Services Preliminary Exam, 2012

Date of notification: 04-02-2012

Last Date for Receipt of Applications: 05-03-2012

Date of Exam: 20-05-2012

Civil Services Main Exam, 2012

Date of Commencement of Exam: 05-10-2012

For more details CLICK HERE

12th February 2012, 08:06 PM
vikasjha39
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
HI,
I ma happy to inform you that you can apply for I.P.S exam after passing the B.SC..

I.A.S exam exam is conducted by U.P.S.C once in a year.

Qualification:- Pass graduation with any stream from recognized university.

Age limit:-
For Open category:- 21-30 year
For OBC category:- 21-33 YEAR
For ST/SC category:- 21-37 year

Number of Attempts:-
For open category:- 4 attempts
For ST/SC category:- 7 attempts

For more detail log on to www.upsc.gov.in

GOOD LUCK!
25th February 2012, 12:59 PM
Syedsam01
Member+

Quote:
Dear Aspirant,
Yes you are eligible for IPS(Indian Police Service) which comes under Civil Service Exam after completion of B.sc because after B.sc you fullfils minimum eligibility creteria is just graduation from indian university recognised by UGC and minimum eligible age is 21 years.
For more info you can visit www.upsc.gov.in
Best of Luck.
25th February 2012, 08:53 PM
martha.anjaneyulu
Senior Member+++

Quote:
HI!
I am happy to inform you that after passing graduation you are eligible for I.P.S..

For I.P.S you have to qualify the Civil Services Exam..
Civil Services E exam is conducted by U.P.S.C once in a year.

Age should be in between 21-30 year. For ST/SC candidate age should be in between 21-33 year.

You can apply online or offline.
The Form cost is just 50 Rs.
For more detail log on to www.upsc.gov.in

ALL THE BEST!
25th March 2012, 08:27 PM
Unregistered

AM I ELIGIBLE FOR IPS EXAMINATION AFTER BSC COMPUTER
26th April 2012, 11:02 PM
sujukisamurai
Senior Member+

This examination is Conducted in two parts : Preliminary examination and Main examination. Firstly you have to cracked the Preliminary examination only then you are eligible for Main examination.Preliminary Examination is Objective type and there are 2 papers in the examination and both are compulsory.Main examination is Descriptive and you have to choose the subjects on the basis of your Graduation. Those who cracked both the examination are eligible for Interview for final selection.
To apply for this examination you have to complete your Graduate degree course in any discipline from a recognised University. Final year appearing candidates are also apply for this examination
27th April 2012, 01:11 PM
ranjith1438
Senior Member+++++

Yeah yes shore you are eligible for the IPS exam.

IPS(indian police service) this exam is conducted by the UPSC once in a year.

Eligibility criteria:

You have to complete graduation from any recognised university.

Final year graduation students are also eligible.

You must be a citizen of india.

Age criteria:

The candidates age in between 21 and 30years,
3years age relaxation for the OBC candidates,
5years age relaxation for the SC/ST candidates.

Optional subjects for IPS:

selection procedure:

written exam,
main exam,
interview.

NO.OF attempts:
4times for general,
7times for OBC,
No limit for SC/ST.

For more details visit

http://www.upsc.gov.in

best of luck
24th May 2012, 07:29 PM
Unregistered

Is there BSC in Fire and safety have better job opprtunities
1st June 2012, 12:45 AM
nagendra vijayasree
Senior Member+

To Become IPS officer, you need to appear for UPSC Civil services examination. And to apply for this examination you need a graduate degree from a recognised colleges and universities.

The UPSC conducts this examination 2 times in a year, and the examination are held in 2 stages - Preliminery exam and Main exam. The Preliminary Examination shall now comprise of two compulsory Papers of 200 marks each and of two hours duration each and after completing preliminery examination, you are eligible to apply for Main examination.

Firstly you have to appear for UPSC Preliminery examination, And if you clear the preliminery examination then you are eligible to appear for Main examination. But to appear for this examination your age should between 21 to 30 years, the upper age relaxation is only applicable for SC, ST And for OBC Candidates.

The General candidates in this examination will get 4 Attempts.

The OBC Candidates will get 7 Attemps And there is No limits for SC, ST candidates to apply for Civil services examination.

The Notification was published in the month of Feburary each year, the notification was updated in the employment newspaper OR in the Officail website of UPSC. You can apply for this examination Online Also, Or you can purchase the application form from the designated Post Offices Near By Your city.

So, only graduation is the minimum eligiblity to apply for This examination.

And if you want to get complete information regarding UPSC Civil services examination, then please visit the official website OR read the given notification -

10th March 2014, 08:11 PM
Unregistered

Can bsc fire safety distance education students eligible for upsc exam
11th March 2014, 07:27 AM
nareshsunrise
Senior Member++

Yes. You are eligible to become a IPS officer after completion of your B.Sc in Fire and Safety Management. So, you can opt for this course at your Graduation level.

Here is the required eligibility criteria for the candidates to make entry into IPS.

One should have completed Graduation with any of the stream from a recognized university.

Candidates who have appeared for final year exams of Graduation and waiting for the results can also apply for this exam.

Required age will be
21-30 years of age for the candidates of General category.
Relaxation in upper age limit upto 3 years for the candidates of OBC category.
Relaxation in upper age limit upto 5 years for the candidates of SC or ST category.

The selection procedure would involve
Civil Services Aptitude Test
Civil Services Main Exam
Interview

Civil Services Exam is the common written exam to be placed in all the civil services like
Indian Administrative Service
Indian Police Service
Indian Revenue Service etc.

So, opt for this course in a top college and complete it successfully.

Start preparation for Civil Services Exam from the very beginning of your Graduation and crack it first attempt itself.

Wish you all the best.

For updated information on this exam, you can visit
http://upsc.gov.in/
27th April 2018, 12:11 PM
Unregistered

I am studying BSC 1 St year fire and safety engineering in algappa University so can I eligible for ifs exam? Please send details for my mail id [email protected]
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?