17th June 2012, 01:58 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to join Army being a candidate pursuing B.Com with Maths and with an age of 19 years?

am a 19year old female,m from commerce stream with maths....m doing b.com (hons)...am i eligible for joining army???

Related Questions:
  1. Can I join in Indian Army being a candidate at an age of 20 years and pursuing 11th standard?
  2. How to join Army being a candidate from B.Ed course with an age of 24 years?
  3. Am I eligible to join Indian Army in Clerk post after passing B.Com in commerce stream with 67%?
  4. Am I eligible to join Indian Army if pursuing B.Com Pass? What kind of posts are available for me in Indian Army? -- [New]
  5. Can I join Indian Army after passing 12th Arts with 50% marks
  6. Am I eligible to join Indian Army with mentioned subjects in 12th standard? Procedure to join?
  7. Can I join Army being a candidate pursuing 11th Class in Science stream and with an age of 17 years?
  8. Can I appear in NDA 2015 after turning 19 years old?
  9. Am I eligible to join Indian Army being a candidate with an age of 17 years and with a height of 172 cm, weight of 52kgs?
  10. Indian Army after PG in Political science with 63% marks and age 26.5?
  11. Am I eligible to join Army being a candidate pursuing final year of Diploma in Civil Engineering?
  12. How much percentage is needed after passing 12th to go for National Defence Academy?
  13. Procedure to apply for NDA after 12th standard? -- [Most Discussed]
  14. Am i eligible to join Army if I am female candidate and have done MCA(24 years old)?
  15. Can I join Indian army after 12th arts from Punjab school education board open school?
  16. How may I join Indian army? I'm 20 years old and passed 12th std with 68%(maths,Physics,Chemistry)
  17. How to apply for NDA and what are the requirements?
  18. What is the procedure to follow for getting a Government job or other job after completion of B.Sc Computer Science?
17th June 2012, 12:05 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to join Army being a candidate pursuing B.Com with Maths and with an age of 19 years?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
am a 19year old female,m from commerce stream with maths....m doing b.com (hons)...am i eligible for joining army???
If you are Pursuing your Final year degree course only then you can appear for CDS Examination. This examination is conducted by UPSC Every year and if you cracked this examination then you are trained at the National Defence Academy, Indian Military Academy or the Officers' Training Academy.

Girls can apply for Officers' Training Academy(OTA), to apply for this examination your age should between 19 to 25 years.

The Notification will be published twice in a year in the employment Newspaper or in the official website. To apply for this examination you have to complete your Graduate degree course in any discipline from a recognized university, Final year appearing candidates are also eligible to apply for this examination.

Prepare for the Combined Defense Services Exam. This exam tests your knowledge of English, math and general knowledge. The examination is Objective.

Once you cracked the CDS Examination, you are eligible to appear for the Service Selection Board (SSB) interview and the medical examination.

So, you can apply for CDS Examination after graduation to Join Defence.
17th June 2012, 12:21 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to join Army being a candidate pursuing B.Com with Maths and with an age of 19 years?

Yes, you are eligible to join Indian Army and can apply for CDS entrance exam if you are in your final years Graduation i.e. B.Com.

CDS stands for COMBINED DEFENCE SERVICE, the exam for which is conducted by UPSC twice every year as CDS-I and CDS-II for entry in to Indian Military Academy, Naval Academy, Air Force Academy and Officer's Training Academy of CDS.

First of all the candidate must be an unmarried Indian male in order to apply for Indian Military Academy of CDS.
The candidate should have either appear for the final Graduation Degree exam or pass in any stream from a recognised University within the age of 19 to 25 years with good Physical and mental physique.

The selection is through written exam followed by Personal Interview along with Physical Fitness and Medical Test.

For further information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in
17th June 2012, 01:14 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post

Yes you can join Indian Army

Short Service Commission Non technical Women

-It is held twice in an year with 175 vacancies
-The application procedure usually starts in April and October
- The Service Selection Board (SSB) interview is usually conducted in May/Jun and Nov/Dec
-The training Academy is in Chennai called Officers' Training Academy(OTA).

Training details
- The training starts in April and October
-The duration of the training is 49 weeks

eligibility Criteria-

Educational Qualification - The candidate must have passed graduation or post Graduation from a recognized university

Age Limit - The candidate must have completed 19 years of age and should not be older than 25 years of Age.
The Age will be considered as on 1 January for April course and 1 July for October course

Marital Status- Only unmarried candidates can apply for it.

Those graduation girls who have given 2 Yrs service in NCC Senior Div Army can also join Indian army through SSCW(NCC) Entry provided that they complete their Graduation with 50% aggregate marks. Since you have not mentioned any such thing I am assuming that you are not eligible for it.

The other eligibility criteria for age and marital status are the same. This training also starts in April and October
17th June 2012, 01:19 PM
aryan5107241
Senior Member+++++

Dear Friend ,

As you are pursuing B.Com and your age is 19 years , then i just want to say you that you are not eligible for joining Indian Army through NDA exam but don`t worry because there is still one option available for you.

You can join Army by cracking the CDS examination which is conducted by UPSC.

If you are about to complete your B.Com i.e., if you are in B.Com 3rd year then you can apply for the CDS exam because your age is also 19 years.

So , Friend Prepare well For CDS exam to fulfill your dream to join Indian Army.

IN CDS examination , you will be asked objective type questions ainly from Mathematics, English and General Knowledge and one thing i just want to clear you that the standard of questions are very high , so you have to labour hard if you want to crack this exam.

For more details regarding CDS exam , you can visit : http://www.upsc.gov.in

Hope the information will help you.
17th June 2012, 02:49 PM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

Since you are already 19 years old so its better to complete your graduation and sit for the CDS entrance exam.

Eligibility Criteria for CDS 2012

1. For Indian Military Academy/Officers' Training Academy: Degree from a recognized university or equivalent

2. For Naval Academy: B.Sc. with Physics & Mathematics or Bachelor of Engineering

3. For Air Force Academy: Degree of a Recognized University with Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level or Bachelor of Engineering.

Syllabus for CDS:- general english, general knowledge and elementary maths.

Reference books for CDS entrance exam:-

for elementary maths-R.S.Aggarwal

for general english-The Pearson Guide To English For The Combined Defence Services Examination by Edgar Thorpe, Showick Thorpe

For general knowledge:- M.Laxmikanth
17th June 2012, 03:20 PM
lakshmi dhana

you can appear for CDS Examination. This examination is conducted byUPSC Every year and if you cracked this examination then you are trained at the National Defence Academy, Indian Military Academy or the Officers' TrainingAcademy.
Girls can apply for Officers' Training Academy(OTA), to apply for this examination your age should between 19 to 25 years.
The Notification will be publishedtwice in a year in the employment Newspaper or in theofficial website. To apply for this examination you have to complete your Graduate degree course in any discipline from a recognized university, Final year appearing candidates are also eligible to apply for this examination.
Prepare for the Combined Defense Services Exam. This examtests your knowledge of English, math and general knowledge. The examination is Objective.
Once you cracked the CDS Examination, you are eligible to appear for the Service Selection Board (SSB) interview and the medical examination.
17th June 2012, 04:19 PM
lakshmi dhana

you can appear for CDS Examination. This examination is conducted byUPSC Every year and if you cracked this examination then you are trained at the National Defence Academy, Indian Military Academy or the Officers' TrainingAcademy.
The Notification will be publishedtwice in a year in the employment Newspaper or in theofficial website.www.upsc.gov.in To apply for this examination you have to complete your Graduate degree course in any discipline from a recognized university, Final year appearing candidates are also eligible to apply for this examination.
Prepare for the Combined Defense Services Exam. This examtests your knowledge of English, math and general knowledge. The examination is Objective.
17th June 2012, 05:52 PM
Vikas hrc

Hi friend...

Its really nice that even being a girl,you are interested to join Indian Army which most of the girls even don't think of.

As a girl,though you are not eligible for NDA but there is no need to worry because

the Girls can join INDIAN ARMY through other entries called

· CDS(Common Defence Services)
· TGC(Technical Graduate Course)
· AFMC(Armed Forced Medical College)

The Girls after clearing the CDS exam will join OTA for the Training and After clearing the AFMC,Girls have to join AFMC,pune.

The Girls can also be a pilot in INDIAN AIR FORCE.

So friend you must first complete graduation in any stream to join INDIAN ARMY through OTA and after clearing CDS exam and SSB you will be called for the admission.

Now,let me introduce you about CDS:-

CDS stands for Combined Defence Academy and the exam for CDS is conducted by UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) twice a year.
Through CDS,you can go for:-
1.Air force Academy.
2.Navy Academy.
3.Officer Training Academy.
4.Indian Military Academy.

There is an age limit for CDS.
I am specifying it below:-
1.Air force Academy.- 19 to 23 years.
2.Navy Academy.- 19 to 22 years.
3.Officer Training Academy.- 19 to 25 years.
4.Indian Military Academy.- 19 to 24 years.

Educational qualifiationrequired are:-

For Indian Military Academy/Officer's Training Academy:- You have to complete your Graduation in any discipline from a recognized University,
Final year appearing candidates are also eligible for this examination.

For Naval and Air force Academy:- You have to complete your Graduate degree course with Maths and Physics as a compulsory subjects or you must have complete your Engineering degree course from a recognized University

After you qualify the written examination,you will be called for an interview and medical test.

The next CDS (II) exam is going to be held on 16th September,2012.

The last date of receipt of applications is 27 August,2012.

But,since you can't appear for the exam this time,prepare well for the next exam.

If you want to get any detailed information,you can visit the official website of UPSC i.e, www.upsc.gov.in.

Best of luck.

Thanks.

[SIZE=3] [/SIZE]
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?