10th September 2020, 11:44 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to join Civil Services through BSc Nursing course?

Hi Sir, I am interested to join Civil Services. But I am also interested to pursue BSc Nursing course. So, if I pursue Nursing then I will be eligible to join Civil Services? Please let me know about this asap.

12th September 2020, 10:00 AM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to join Civil Services through BSc Nursing course?

For appearing in the Civil Services examination held by UPSC, the minimum education required is a graduation degree in any discipline from a recognised university.

So, having completed your B.Sc. in Nursing degree course which too is a graduation degree course, you are definitely eligible to apply for the Civil Services examination as far as the educational requirement for the same examination is concerned.

For complete details and updates regarding the same recruitment, you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
12th September 2020, 12:48 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you will be able to apply for Civil Services Exam while pursuing B.Sc. in Nursing graduation course.

Note that to appear for UPSC Civil Services Exam, candidate must be in final year (or passed) of his/her graduation irrespective of field. Means, it could be B.Sc., B.Tech, BCA, BBA, etc.

Since, you will be pursuing B.Sc. in Nursing. So, you can apply for this exam, once you reach in final year of B.Sc. Nursing.

After completing B.Sc. Nursing also, you can apply for Civil Services Exam.

Age limit and Attempts details are mentioned below in this image.

12th September 2020, 06:10 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Yes, after completing graduation i.e. BSc Nursing, you can apply for Civil Services examination.

You need to qualify Civil Services examination held by UPSC once every year.

Eligibility criteria required for appearing in the Civil Services examination are as under :-

1 - You must hold the nationality of India .
2 - Your age must lie with in 21 years to 32 years. Age relaxation is allowed a reserved category candidates as per the government norms.

3 - You must have completed your bachelor's degree course in any discipline from a recognised University.

So, after BSc Nursing degree course, you are eligible to apply for civil services examination.

For more details regarding the civil services examination, you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in
14th September 2020, 12:53 PM
vanisunshine.vani
Senior Member++

UPSC Eligibility :-
IAS Age Limit=21 to 32 years(relaxation age limit for SC/ST is 37,OBC is 35 ,Disabled Defence Services Personnel is 35 years,Ex-Servicemen is 37,Persons with
Benchmark Disability – EWS (Economically weaker section) is 42 years..
Number of Attempts:-
General:-6
SC/ST:-Unlimited (Up to age limit)
OBC:-9
Disabled Defence Services Personnel:-9
***As the educational qualification you can appear for UPSC(Any graduation),but B.Sc nursing ,there is no specific post .
15th September 2020, 01:00 PM
sachariah
Senior Member+++

Unhappy Re: Am I eligible to join Civil Services through BSc Nursing course?

Candidates applying for IAS Exam must hold a Graduation degree in any discipline from any recognized University. Candidate must be more than 21 years of age and the upper age limit is 32 years for general candidates.
\
Yes,You are eligible to apply for IAS exam after completing your B.SC NURSING course. IAS Means INDIAN ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICE this exam is conducted by the UPSC once a year
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?