20th April 2012, 11:31 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to join IFS pursuing BBA course?

iam doin my BBA (bach of business administration ) am i eligible for indian foregin service , pls do answer ..

21st April 2012, 04:26 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to join IFS pursuing BBA course?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
iam doin my BBA (bach of business administration ) am i eligible for indian foregin service , pls do answer ..
IFS stands for Indian Forest Services Examination and this examination is Conducted by UPSC Every year and to apply for this examination you have to complete your Bachelor degree with at least one of the subjects namely Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics and Zoology

OR

You have to complete your Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture, Forestry or in Engineering from a recognised University.

Final year appearing candidates are also eligible for this examination.

Age Limits :

You must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 30 years on 1st August, 2012, i.e. you must have been born not earlier than 2nd August, 1982 and not later than 1st August, 1991.

But you have completed your BBA Course, So you are not eligible for IFS Examination and if you want to know more about this examination, then please check official website :

http://www.upsc.gov.in
21st April 2012, 07:03 PM
ranjith1438
Senior Member+++++

Hai,
IFS (Indian Forest Service) exam is conducted by the union public service commission.

Eligibility criteria:

Those candidates have to complete their graduation from any recognised university with one of the following subjects
Animal
Husbandry,
Veterinary
Science,
Botany,
Zoology,
Mathematics,

Geology,
Physics,

Statistics and chemistry.

Final year students also eligible.

Candidate should be a citizen of india.

Age limits is 21years to 30years.

For more details regarding IFS exam please visit

http://www.upsc.gov.in

Al the best.
22nd April 2012, 12:17 AM
sirimulla srikanth
Senior Member++

ifs exam is conducted by the upsc. after completion of the graduation that candidates eligible to write ifs exam.
the candidates who have completed there graduation with any of the following subjects are eligible:

they are

1.physics

2.statistics

3.zoology

4.animal husbandary

5.chemistry

candidate should be a citizen of india

age limit is 21 years to 30 years

any information regards visit the website www.upsc.gov.in

all the best....
18th March 2015, 05:47 PM
rritu sharma

yes you are eligible for IFS but you should have completed your graduation before applying. IFS is one of the toughest exam so you have to be well determined and very well prepared for the exam.
good luck for ur exam.
15th June 2015, 12:31 AM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
IFS stands for Indian Forest Service dear and to sit for this examination one needs to get their bachelor's degree in any one of the following subject mentioned below:-
  • Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science
  • Botany
  • Chemistry
  • Geology
  • Mathematics
  • Physics
  • Statistics
  • Zoology
  • Agriculture
  • Forestry
  • Engineering
But since you have done BBA therefore quite naturally you are not eligible to sit for this examination. But there is no need to lose heart over it since you can still sit for other civil service exams available like IPS and IAS.

To sit for these two above mentioned civil service exams you need to be firstly a citizen of India. In addition to that you need to have a bachelor's degree in any discipline of your choice. This exam can be given in the final year of your college too.

Age Criteria:-

Lower Age limit: 21 years
Upper Age limit: 30 years

There is five years age relaxation for the SC/ST candidates and 10 years age relaxation for the physically handicapped candidates and for the ex-servicemen it is 5 years.

Selection procedure: It includes three stages mainly Preliminary Examination, Mains and Interview session.

Top IAS Coaching Centres:-
  • Chanakya IAS Academy
  • Brilliant Tutorials
  • Career Plus
  • IAS Study Centre
  • Hamdard Study Circle
  • Inspiration IAS Academy
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?