11th October 2018, 04:52 PM
Kaushalnehu

Am I eligible to join MCA course after completing graduation in B.Sc?

I have completed my B.Sc with subjects such as Zoology, Chemistry and Botany. Am I eligible to pursue MCA now? Do I need to write any entrance exam for same?

15th October 2018, 08:01 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to join MCA course after completing graduation in B.Sc?

MCA is Master in Computer Application and the required eligibility to get admission in the course is that :-

Candidate must have passed bachelor degree from a recognised university.

Candidate must have Mathematics as main subject in 12th.

So, you are eligible to appear in the examination if you have mathematics in 12th.

Entrance examination is conducted by various institutes for admission in three year course.
15th October 2018, 08:18 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Am I eligible to join MCA course after completing graduation in B.Sc?

MCA refers to Master of Computer Application and it is a professional master degree course of three years with a very good career scope in the IT and software world.

The minimum education required for pursuing MCA degree course is a bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university. Further, the candidate must have studied Mathematics as a main subject at least for one years at their Class 12th level or graduation level academics.

So, having completed your B.Sc without having Mathematics as one of the subjects, you are eligible to pursue MCA degree course, only if you have studied Mathematics at your higher secondary school degree level.
15th October 2018, 08:24 PM
srkallinone

If you have Mathematics subject at (10+2) level, then you are eligible to apply for MCA course, otherwise you are not eligible for MCA course.

MCA Eligibility
- You must have passed graduation with mathematics as a main subject at (10+2) level from a recognized institute. Students having graduation B.Com (Computer Science) or B.Com (IT) are also eligible to apply for MCA course without Mathematics at (10+2) level.
- You need to appear and qualify the entrance exam for admission

Job Profiles After MCA
- Software Engineer
- System Administrator
- System Analyst
- System Developer
- Web Developer
- Software Tester
- Database Management Professional
15th October 2018, 08:24 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

MCA is Master in Computer Application and it is three year course. Candidate passed bachelor degree are eligible for appearing in the entrance examination if you have passed 12th with mathematics as main paper.

For appearing in NIMCET it is compulsory to have minimum 60% in bachelor degree.

Entrance examination conducted by various institutes for admission in the course.
15th October 2018, 08:30 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

MCA stands for Master of Computer Application.

The eligibility criteria for MCA course:

Academic qualification: Bachelor's degree in science, engineering, computer application etc from a recognized institute.

Mathematics at 12th level is necessary.

If you have studied mathematics then you can take admission in MCA course.
15th October 2018, 08:33 PM
Badtameez Dil
Senior Member++

For most of the examination other than core examination such as Forest Service, Medical service etc. the common eligibility to appear in the examination is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree from a recognised university.

The age limit and selection procedure varies with institute. So, kindly visit the official website for complete details at www.upsc.gov.in.
15th October 2018, 08:43 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

MCA stands for Master of Computer Application. The eligibility criteria for MCA course:

>>Graduation in different disciplines like science, engineering, technology or computer applications.

>>Mathematics at 12th level is compulsory.

You can apply for NIMCET exam and on basis of rank in NIMCET, you can get admission in MCA course in top NITs.
15th October 2018, 08:44 PM
Badtameez Dil
Senior Member++

MCA is Master in Computer Application and it is three year course after bachelor degree.

Entrance examination is conducted by institutes for admission in the course.

The common eligibility to get admission in the course is that candidate must have passed 12th with mathematics as main paper.

There is also minimum required aggregate in bachelor degree for admission in some of the institutes.
18th October 2018, 03:34 PM
Barishh

MCA requires study of computers. For attempting MCA, you must have computer programming knowledge and a subject related to computers in your previous course of graduation.

And, for further enquiry you can visit the university from where you want to study for MCA.
Check their Eligibilty criteria.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?