4th September 2012, 08:56 AM
sabiya2701

Am I eligible for NET/SET after completing B.E IT?

i have completed BE(IT)..m i eligible for net/set???...please tell me whether i am

17th September 2012, 11:19 AM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for NET/SET after completing B.E IT?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabiya2701 View Post
i have completed BE(IT)..m i eligible for net/set???...please tell me whether i am
No, You are not eligible for NET Examination after completing your Graduate courser, You have to complete your Master degree course from a recognized University. If you have completed your Graduation, then please go for the Master degree course and then you can appear for this examination.

NET stands for National Eligibility test and this examination is conducted by UGC, two times in a year. The examination is conducted in June and December every year.

The main purpose of this examination is to select candidate for the post of lectureship and Juni for research fellowship post. After passing NET examination you are eligible to become Lecturer in some good colleges or go for P.HD Courses.

You have to scored at least 55% marks in your post graduation to apply for NET Examination.

When you complete your Post graduation or Pursuing your Final year of Course then you can apply NET Examination.

So, please complete your Post graduation first and then you are eligible for NET. If you need more details the check official website of UGC.

http://www.ugcnetonline.in
17th September 2012, 11:36 AM
Mrs_Praveen_Gola
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for NET/SET after completing B.E IT?

No, you are not eligible for NET/SET after completing B.E IT as NET exam is meant for the Junior research fellowship persons & for the lecturership post and the person must be a post graduate one for the same.

But as you are only a graduate degree holder so you must have go for your post graduate degree with minimum 55% marks in the subject you are considering.Then only you can go for the NET exam.

For more details you can visit to-

http://www.ugcnetonline.in
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?