22nd March 2012, 02:06 PM
ransinghd

Am I eligible for PMET Punjab? I am studying in Punjab

Am I eligible for PMET Punjab? I am studying in Punjab and my birth place is Haryana

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible for PMET Punjab? I am studying in Punjab
  2. Eligibility for Punjab PMET if Schooling is from punjab but we live in outside punjab -- [Most Discussed]
  3. Am I eligible for PMET Punjab after doing 12th in bangalore? -- [New]
  4. Am I eligible for Punjab PMT? I am studying in HP and I was born in Chandigarh. But my parents having domicile of Punjab
  5. Am I eligible for Punjab, PMET? I have done 12th from Masoori but having residential of Punjab
  6. Is my son eligible to appear for PMET exam if he has done 11th from Bathinda(Punjab) and 12th(PCB) from outside Punjab?
  7. Is my daughter eligible for Punjab PMT if she studies in Himachal Pradesh and resides in Punjab?
  8. Am I eligible for PMET, Punjab? I am pursuing my 12th from Chandigarh but parents having domicile of Punjab
  9. Can I get a seat in BDS course in Punjab in Private recognized college on the basis of my rank in PMET?
  10. Will I be eligible to give Punjab PMET for MBBS course? I have completed 12th from school of Chandigarh
  11. Tips on how to prepare for AIIMS-PMT for MBBS 2011?
  12. Is PIMS Jalandhar under Punjab PMET?
  13. Eligibility for Punjab PMET for student of J&K and father from army?
  14. How may I get addmission in PMET ? I've done 11th(PCB) from Bathinda and 12th(PCB) from outside Punjab
  15. How to get MBBS seat in private college after scoring 827 rank in Punjab PMET?
  16. Will I get a seat in Punjab Medical College after scoring 372 marks in Punjab PMET? Any chance for MBBS or BDS?
  17. Am I eligible for 85% seats in PMET if I shifted to Gujarat after staying in Punjab for 7 years?
  18. Am I eligible for PMET course if I am a bonafide of Punjab and residing with my parents in J&K? What is the procedure to apply?
26th April 2013, 06:05 PM
PRASHANT8149
Senior Member+

Default Re: Am I eligible for PMET Punjab? I am studying in Punjab

PMET stands for Punjab Medical Entrance Test.

ELIGIBILITY FOR : ( MBBS, BDS AND BMS )

1] The candidate must have passed 12th class from an institution or a university.

The candidate must have studied papers including Physics, Mathematics, Biology, English and Chemistry in the intermediate level.
>> The candidate should be a permanent resident of Punjab and have attained 17 years.

Punjab medical entrance exam is conducted by Baba Farid University of Health Science, Faridkot. One can collect admission application form from the university campus or through post by sending a demand draft.

Entrance exam pattern :-

It consists of 200 multiple choice questions.

The time duration of this exam is 150 minutes.

There is a also negative marking for every wrong answer i.e., -1.

The details of the entrance exam pattern. :-

Subjects No. of Questions
Physics 50
Chemistry 50
Biology 100

Date of Entrance Examination: 20th May 2013
Start of sale of the application form: 21st March, 2013
Last date for submitting the complete application form: 27th April, 2013

There some other medical colleges in Punjab, those are accepting PMET scores for admission of various medical programs. Here, we are giving the list of few medical colleges in Punjab.

1] Government Medical College and Hospital, Chandigarh

2] Christian Medical College and Hospital, Ludhiana, Punjab

3] Punjab Medical Institute of Nursing Hospital, Jalandhar, Punjab

4] Government Medical College, Amritsar, Punjab

I hope this information will help you a lot.

All the best................
15th December 2015, 11:40 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for PMET Punjab? I am studying in Punjab

PB PMET stands for Punjab Medical Entrance Test.

Punjab PMET is the Medical entrance exam for admission in undergraduate programmes including MBBS and BDS.

The eligibility criteria required to apply for PB PMT exam are as under :-

-The candidate must have passed 12th class with at least 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English from a government recognized board .

-The candidate appearing for final year examination can also apply for PB PMT Exam.

-The candidate must have completed the age of 17 years as on 31st December of the year of admission.

Exam pattern :

Written test will be of 3 hours duration for 200 multiple choice questions from Physics, Chemistry Zoology and Botany subjects.Each question will carry four marks and there will be no system of negative marking for wrong attempt .
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?