6th May 2015, 11:34 PM
shilpa mengane

Am I eligible for SET exam if I have completed MCM course long back?

I am MCM passed student in 1999. Am I eligible for SET exam?
I have done a job of lecturer for BCA and BCS. So, am I really eligible for the exam? Can you please provide me the right information on this as soon as possible? Thank you!

7th May 2015, 01:44 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for SET exam if I have completed MCM course long back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shilpa mengane View Post
I have done a job of lecturer for BCA and BCS. So, am I really eligible for the exam? Can you please provide me the right information on this as soon as possible? Thank you!
Yes, you are eligible for SET exam.

The educational qualification required for SET exam is masters degree from a recognized university with above 55% marks. 5% relaxation is given for SC/ST category candidates. Final year student are also eligible for SET exam.

Marks distribution for each papers of SET Exam:-

Section 1 - 100 marks(60 questions are there)
Section 2 - 100 marks(50 questions are there)
Section 3 - 150 marks(75 questions are there)
7th May 2015, 02:13 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for SET exam if I have completed MCM course long back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shilpa mengane View Post

SET - State Eligibility Test

Yeah you are eligible for applying for the SET exam, having completed MCM which is a post graduate course.

# The needed educational qualification to apply for the SET exam is that candidate should have completed a Master's degree from a recognized university by UGC (University Grants Commission).

# The candidate should have secured at least 55% in their respected degree and there are relaxation for other category candidates such as for SC/ST/PH/VH need only 50% aggregate.

# The candidate who is pursuing final year is also applicable for applying.

# To apply for the SET exam there is no upper age limit.

If you satisfy all these then you can apply for the SET Exam.

There are about three papers to be qualified in the exam which requires different cut- off marks.

For General Candidates:
  • Paper I: 40 (40%)
  • Paper II: 40 (40%)
  • Paper III: 75 (50%)

For OBC/ DT/ NT/ SBC) Candidates:
  • Paper I: 35 (35%)
  • Paper II: 35 (35%)
  • Paper III: 67.5 (45%)

For PH/ VS/ SC/ ST:
  • Paper I: 35 (35%)
  • Paper II: 35 (35%)
  • Paper III: 60 (40%)
7th May 2015, 07:21 PM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Yes dear definitely you have required eligibility for SET Examination with your specifications. Actually there is No age criteria required to write SET Examination.

For further details like Educational qualifications, percentage Criteria and Age limits you need to have a look on the below information.

Eligibility for SET Examination :

* You should complete Master's degree with minimum 55% of marks from the recognized University.

* There is a Percentage relaxation of 5% for the SC/ST Candidates.

* And also there is No Age criteria ( No Upper Age limit).

* Final year students of Master's can also eligible to apply for SET.

* But All should have to submit the certificates regarding the Original documents at the time of Certificate Verification.

Reserved candidates have to submit the " Category Certificate " along with all other documents.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?