14th May 2022, 06:57 PM
Unregistered

Is am I eligible for UGC NET after completing MBA with 5.74 CGPA?

14th May 2022, 11:08 PM
Dineshkumar1907
Senior Member++

Default Re: Is am I eligible for UGC NET after completing MBA with 5.74 CGPA?

Yes, you are eligible for NET exam as the minimum percentage required for giving NET exam is 55% and your CGPA if converted to a percentage then you are eligible.
14th May 2022, 11:27 PM
ashishboudha
Senior Member+++++

The candidate should have passed a master's course from a recognized university/institute. The candidate should have scored at least 55% marks from any recognized university. The candidate should be above 21 years old. The candidate should have done masters in Humanities (including languages) and Social Science, Computer Science & Applications, Electronic Science etc. are eligible for this Test.
15th May 2022, 12:03 AM
Msdhoni02

You have to secure at least 55% marks in their Master’s Degree or equivalent from a recognized university in Humanities (including languages), Social Science, Computer Science and Applications, Electronic Science, etc. are eligible to appear for the UGC NET exam conducted by NTA.

However, candidates belonging to the Non-Creamy Layer of Other Backward Classes (OBC-NC), Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST), Persons with Disability (PwD), and Transgender category have to score at least 50% marks.
15th May 2022, 10:44 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

For appearing in UGC NET, candidate is required to have completed his/her Master's degree in any concerned subject with at least 55% marks in aggregate (or equivalent grade) from a recognized university. Marks relaxation of 5% is allowed in case of candidates belonging to reserved category.

So, having managed to complete your MBA degree course with 5.74 CGPA, you are eligible to appear in UGC NET if your marks in aggregate in MBA degree comes to
atleast 55% (or 50% in case of reserved category candidates) as per the grade to
equivalent percentage conversion formula used by your university.
15th May 2022, 12:14 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

The common eligibility to apply for UGC NET is that candidate must have passed master degree from a recognized university with minimum 55% aggregate or equivalent CGPA.

The multiplication factor varies for each university and institutions. For detail information about the information visit at the official website.
15th May 2022, 12:26 PM
piya1617
Senior Member+++++

Yes. You are eligible for the UGC NET after completing your MBA with a 5.74 CGPA. The minimum eligibility criteria to get eligible for UGC NET is, that the candidate must have completed a post-graduation degree with at least 55% marks in aggregate.
15th May 2022, 03:41 PM
abhi@@421

Hello,

Yes, MBA students are appear for the UGC NET exam in Management subject only if they have minimum 55% aggregate marks.

5% relaxation provided to the OBC/SC/ST/PwD category candidates.
15th May 2022, 03:58 PM
shantanu bose
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible for UGC NET in your marks. The minimum academic eligibility for UGC NET exam is post-graduation with minimum 55% marks. MBA being a post graduate degree, you are surely eligible to appear for UGC NET Exam.
15th May 2022, 04:19 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

The eligibility to apply for UGC NET is that candidate must have passed master degree from a recognised university with minimum 55% aggregate and relaxation for reserved category.

You can convert your CGPA into aggregate after using multiplication factor as prescribed by the university.

To get the detail information visit the official website of the institution.
15th May 2022, 07:11 PM
Angry Girl
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible to apply for UGC NET after completing MBA with 5.74 CGPA.

The required minimum educational qualification is that candidate must have passed master degree from a recognised university with minimum 55% aggregate.

For more information, you can visit their official website.
15th May 2022, 07:16 PM
Bhaak Burbak
Senior Member++++

The minimum eligibility criteria required are as below :-

* You must be an Indian citizen.

* Your age must lie under 28 years for JRF while there is no age limit for recruitment as a assistant professor. Age relaxation is available in the case of reserved category candidates as per the government norms.

* You must have completed your master's in concerned paper with at least 55% marks from a recognized board of education. Marks relaxation upto 5% is allowed for candidates belonging to SC/ST or PH category candidates.

No, you are not eligible to apply for UGC NET.

For more information, you can visit their official website.
15th May 2022, 09:00 PM
cookie1902
Senior Member+++++

The eligibility for UGC NET is a candidate must have completed a Master's degree with a minimum score of 55% marks from a recognized university. There is no age limit to apply for the post of UGC NET Assistant Professor or Lecturership. A candidate applying for the Junior Research Fellowship(JRF) should not be more than 31 years of age.
15th May 2022, 09:04 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

--- YES, MBA students can appear in the UGC NET exam in the management subject.
The eligibility criteria for UGC net is provided to you below:

Candidates who have secured atleast 55% marks in masters degree or equivalent examination from universities recognised by UGC and eligible for this test. The other backward classes belonging to non creamy layer/ scheduled caste / scheduled tribe / persons with disability category candidates who have secured at least 50% marks in masters degree or equivalent examination are eligible for this test.

Candidates who have appeared or will be appearing at the qualifying masters degree examination and whose result is still awaited may also apply for this test.

Candidates are advise to appear in the subject of the post graduation only and the candidates whose post graduation subject is not covered in the list of UGC NET examination then they can appear in the related subjects.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?